Active Now

Malizz
Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Emotions » How many times in your life so far have you been truly in love? Twice for me.

How many times in your life so far have you been truly in love? Twice for me.

I think I’m having a nostalgia meltdown lol. 

Posted - February 20, 2019

Responses

Oh man. I don't know. 

How can anyone define "true love" anyway? Some loves are crazy and full of passion, some chew you up and spit you out, some are mature and selfless and kind, some are fleeting and sweet. Which one is true? All? None?
      February 20, 2019 9:45 PM MST

She ask about being 'in love.'  True love is another thing.
      February 21, 2019 12:42 AM MST

I interpreted "been truly in love" as "true love."
      February 21, 2019 2:11 AM MST

• I guess everyone’s definition for ´true love‘ would be different and personal to them. My definition would be having the best friend possible only that friendship set on fire. So based on that definition then? :)
      February 21, 2019 4:56 AM MST

That is kind of beautiful. Actually, not kind of. Just beautiful. 
    ...And now I am sad. My number has dropped to one. Maybe two, but I cannot remember that long ago for sure. 

I'm going to post my question to you as a question for all. I wonder what other cool answers are out there.
      February 21, 2019 11:34 AM MST

• Shouldn’t make you sad :) most likely good chance you have that ahead of you. I’ll look for your question later see what people came up with 
      February 21, 2019 3:08 PM MST

No, there are real definitions.  This is why words become bastardized.  In love, according to research on brain activity is that excited feeling of strong attraction to someone; when you can't stop thinking of them and speaking of them.   True love is the love that grows and survives richer and poorer, sickness and death.  Few people ever really experience that more than once.  When I was in college that stat on being "in love" was 17 times per lifetime.  I have heard others say up to 30. This post was edited by Thriftymaid at February 22, 2019 1:23 PM MST
      February 21, 2019 10:14 PM MST

• I get that there is probably a one ‘true’ definition, but that doesn’t mean people can’t have their own personal definitions of what love is to them.  
      February 22, 2019 1:24 PM MST

Why can't anyone ever ask about true lust?  There's an area wherein I have expertise.

~
      February 20, 2019 10:37 PM MST

• We can’t ask ’true lust’ question on this site cos we don’t think you could count that high. Your brain would explode and we want you to live. 
      February 21, 2019 4:57 AM MST

February 21, 2019 5:08 AM MST

Where I was ready to devote my life and time to the relationship?   Three.

February 20, 2019 10:40 PM MST

• Three’s a good number. 
      February 21, 2019 4:57 AM MST

Dude I haven't thought about Beirut in a while, I'm glad you reminded me that they exist!

As for true love, I don't think I've ever experienced it, I'm kind of a lone wolf. Not in the sorority-peeping-school-shooter kind of way, more like the quiet-but-smolderingly-sexy guy that goes to art museums by himself and knows karate, kind of way.
      February 20, 2019 11:00 PM MST

• You know Beruit??? No one knows them lol. Okay so know Beruit, go to museums and know karate. You’re totally the kind of guy I would have fallen in love with back when I had a heart lol. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at February 21, 2019 12:17 PM MST
      February 21, 2019 5:02 AM MST

I don't know karate. I just had to come clean about that before the lie grew too big and I had to live the REST OF MY LIFE AS A FRAUD!!!
      February 21, 2019 12:20 PM MST

• What??? First let down the lunch crowd? Then the whole satanist thing... now lie to me about karate? I’m breaking up with you-_- 
      February 21, 2019 3:10 PM MST

Oh god what a week I'm having! But ya know what, I've done this to myself. I have another factoid though that I know for sure is true, apparently the main dude in Beirut started playing the ukulele as a joke after he injured his hand, but he ended up liking the sound so much it became his main thing. I remember the first thing I ever heard by them, ohhh it must've been nye on fitty years ago...

February 21, 2019 5:24 PM MST

• Haha it’s been a week :) I actually post this song with this question cos someone I once cared much for,  used to play this song for me on his Uke when I couldn’t sleep. That’s a good memory to have right now  ... so I guess I forgive you all YOUR LIES! Lol 
      February 21, 2019 5:29 PM MST

awww that's sweet! wait you've posted this song on answermug before? I swear I didn't know that. I'm not stocking you. I am DEFINITELY, not stocking you.
      February 21, 2019 5:44 PM MST

• Lol no! I meant post it in this question... song I posted with question... I usually always have reason post a song with a question... even if makes no sence anyone else...means something to me .... stalkerO_O 
      February 21, 2019 5:47 PM MST

OH haha I see. Well that's good, you know for real then that I'm not stocking you. On AnswerMug, anyway. You'll have to take my word for everywhere else.
      February 21, 2019 5:53 PM MST

• Now I’m scared... actually I’m not cos  I know you to busy watching movies to stalk me... you DONT LOVE ME!!!! 
    ;)
      February 21, 2019 5:58 PM MST

So that's true love, putting aside my precious movie time to follow a strange woman I met on the internet. Ahhh mi amor, can I not have two loves? Is there not enough room in my heart for both you and Jackie Chan?
      February 21, 2019 6:07 PM MST