Discussion » Questions » Outside the Mug » When is the last time you fell? Did you incur an injury?

When is the last time you fell? Did you incur an injury?

I slipped on a floor last Saturday and cut my forehead. Four stitches. Lots of blood.

Posted - February 21, 2019

Responses

I read that and was sad for you. I hope you're doing better.

The last time I fell or flew was in 2015 when I crashed my dirt bike. I say flew because I looked like Superman as I was flying towards a tree.  I had a helmet on and good thing as my head hit the tree. It was a slow speed crash and I only got a lot of bruises. 
      February 21, 2019 5:59 PM MST

I bit of a bruise around my eye. No pain.
      February 22, 2019 10:31 AM MST

Youch!
    I hope it heals quickly Mr Einsteinium.

The last several times have been slips but without any real hurts, maybe the odd bruise or slightly pulled muscle.

The last bad one would have been over eight years ago -
    bucked off a horse at a canter (lope) onto a hard-packed fire-trail.
    Broke four ribs - ended up four days in hospital due to a punctured lung.

The reasons for the bucking were all my fault - an accumulated combination of factors.
    But I learned the lessons well.

February 21, 2019 6:19 PM MST

OUCH
      February 22, 2019 10:31 AM MST

About 5 or 6 years ago I was standing on the edge of my bed and lost my balance somehow and fell backwards onto the bare floor. Thought maybe I might have fractured something but checked out ok. Lower back was painful for a while. 

I am always more careful now about risk of falling in my elderly years. 
      February 21, 2019 6:38 PM MST

In an act of pure clumsiness, I tripped on a fuel hose at a truck stop in Monroe, Michigan. (home of General Custer)  Custer fell and so did I. I still have some abrasions on my knee and elbow.
      February 21, 2019 9:12 PM MST

My big arse slipped on some ice last winter and fell really, really hard. I wasn't hurt physically, but it sure hurt mentally.
      February 21, 2019 9:27 PM MST

Can you sue?

I cannot believe how much blood flows from a head injury.

I fell last year in October, running towards a phone store.  I had on a pair of high shoes and the sides were elastic and I fell right out of one and twisted my ankle so bad I couldn't walk for two days.  Get this.  I had to go to work and do massages all day after that and my foot was so swollen, THAT'S why I couldn't walk for two days. This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at February 22, 2019 10:32 AM MST
      February 21, 2019 9:57 PM MST

Yeah...I'll sue myself for stupidity. It was my kitchen floor.
      February 22, 2019 10:33 AM MST

Look further.  How about the floor?  LOL  Sue the manufacturer.   Consult the master of lawsuits

February 22, 2019 10:40 AM MST

(I was drinking.)
      February 22, 2019 11:00 AM MST

I fell in the supermarket a few years ago.  It was raining and my shoes were wet and I went in in a hurry and when I turned a corner, down I went.  Two managers saw me go down.  They ran to help.  I was more embarrassed than hurt.  As soon as I realized my knees seemed OK I was ready to get out of there.  They just wanted to do forms and talk and I gave them my contact info.  They started calling right away from their headquarters office.  They wanted a release signed.  I enjoyed this a little bit since I was not hurt and they were begging me to take money.  Eventually I sold them my signature.  Why not?
      February 21, 2019 10:51 PM MST

• i slipped on some ice this past tuesday and fell on my butt. it was a soft landin so i didn't hurt anything, and there was no one around to see it so not even my ego was hurt 
      February 22, 2019 5:24 AM MST

• A couple months ago when i was going out for a jog I was walking down the sidewalk that leads up to my house and messing around with my phone trying to get the playlist started.  Walked right off the edge of the curb and tumbled towards the asphalt while twisting the the hell out of my ankle in the process.  Took me a few minutes to walk it off and I was good....so no real injury incurred other than a couple scrapes.  Thankfully no witnesses either as it was nice and early. 
      February 22, 2019 6:01 AM MST

Back in 2015, I developed vertigo.  I was doing something in the kitchen (probably NOT cooking) and I turned around too quickly and got dizzy.  There was nothing to grab onto and I hit the ceramic tile floor like a ton of bricks.  I fell on my right side and I had one enormous black and blue mark on my hip for a long time.  
      February 22, 2019 9:23 AM MST

-_- Why didn't I know about this before now? 

I don't fall very often. The last time was several months ago. The kids and I were hiking and we were going down a steep slope with loose gravel or loose ground underfoot. I cautioned them repeatedly to take care to avoid falling. Then, my phone beeped, I took it out to read the message, and promptly slid down the embankment. Some super hiker guy was behind us and offered to help me up. I was sooooo embarrassed. My kids were laughing their rears off. I told them I was only demonstrating to them what NOT to do, so they didn't have to experience it for themselves. I ended up ripping my jeans and skinning up my leg pretty bad. I was a bloody mess on the rest of the way back to the car. But, that paled in comparison to the pain of my wounded ego. My kids still remind me of this event on a regular basis.  
      February 22, 2019 9:39 AM MST

OUCHY.
      February 22, 2019 10:37 AM MST

• Hope you're OK!  I haven't fallen in a long time .. but a couple of years ago, my husband stepped out of our garage unto the icy driveway and fell on his back .. hitting his head.  He was unconscious with blood running down the driveway under him!  SOOOO scary.  We called an ambulance .. and everything was so icy, they couldn't even get up our driveway without putting down a ton of kitty litter!  The EMT's almost fell too ... horrible!  Luckily, he was OK .. but almost gave me a stroke!
      February 22, 2019 9:46 AM MST

Two years ago, I was walking home and stubbed my toe. I pitched forward and broke both my arms. I needed two surgeries, including a total shoulder replacement, spent 8 days in the hospital and three weeks in a transitional care unit. Then I got home health care and PT for the next month. But, your boo-boo sounds pretty awful too.
      February 22, 2019 6:20 PM MST