Active Now

Slartibartfast
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Emotions » Do you really "have to be taught to hate" or does it come naturally without any guidance/ input from others? Why are some folks so very good at hating while others have no experience at all with it?

Do you really "have to be taught to hate" or does it come naturally without any guidance/ input from others? Why are some folks so very good at hating while others have no experience at all with it?

What does it take to hate? What is required of a human being in order to be susceptible/suggestible/malleable/easy?

Posted - August 27, 2016

Responses

I suspect that you will find the answers to your questions should you honestly answer the asker in the mirror...if you dare to ask the person in the mirror.

August 27, 2016 3:08 AM MDT

• Hatred is born out of unexpressed and long-repressed anger. Something is hurting. The one in pain blames the cause for the pain on something or someone and is unable to resolve the issue to prevent the pain.

To be susceptible/suggestible/malleable/easy is a separate question, although if you're talking about recruiting haters, then the answer is the same. The recruitee has a similar pain, such as inability to find work and stress from constantly coping with poverty, and wants a scapegoat to blame it on - the predisposition to want a target is there - hence easy to inflame.

August 27, 2016 3:26 AM MDT

Thank you for your thoughtful answer hartfire. :)

August 27, 2016 3:56 AM MDT

Do you talk to yourself often B? I don't ever look in the mirror and talk to myself. Ever.  Different strokes. I think doing so is a tad bit nutty.. Are  you a good conversationalist?. Are you worth your time listening to yourself? Thank you for your reply and Happy Saturday to thee B! :)

August 27, 2016 3:58 AM MDT

Perhaps you should Rosie. And ask yourself the questions you ask others. If you answer honestly, you might just be surprised at your answers.

August 27, 2016 4:23 AM MDT

I can understand someone who was a prisoner of the Japanese in World War Two (for example) saying he hates the Japanese, but some people hate due to ignorance. They never got to know too much about the blacks/gays/Jews/whatever, so they just don't know any better. If they find out a bit more, that can change. I don't believe anyone is born hating. Possibly, certain mental problems may make it more or less that way.
      August 27, 2016 5:05 AM MDT

We've been taught by so much bashing of a person {Trump} we're getting good at it, Whoa!!!!!!

August 27, 2016 7:03 AM MDT

• I think there's a lot of truth in that. Many people fear what they don't know or don't understand, and they fear blocks them from curiosity and making the effort to find out.

August 27, 2016 8:31 PM MDT

There is always a negative source for it.  It may be a chemical imbalance or a series of events but it is never from anything positive or healthy that's for sure.

August 27, 2016 9:08 PM MDT

• The power of life and death is contained in the tongue. The tongue is an unruly member and the heart is a deceitful place. With that being said, the heart and tongue are forces in the effort to teach hatred. 

August 28, 2016 7:46 AM MDT

Thank you for your reply HarryD! :)

September 10, 2016 7:00 AM MDT

Thank you for your reply PP and Happy Saturday to thee! :) If the brain/mind doesn't control the heart than emotions like hatred will always win.  One must engage one's intellect and keep engaged to fight  against hate. In my  opinion. Too many people are ruled by emotion. That is the problem.

September 10, 2016 7:01 AM MDT