Active Now

Gino LOLobrigida
Pretending it's warm outside.
Discussion » Questions » Emotions » On a train next to someone who was fast out the door leaving a glove behind would you be the first to throw it to them before the door shut?

On a train next to someone who was fast out the door leaving a glove behind would you be the first to throw it to them before the door shut?

Posted - February 23, 2019

Responses

I'd probably be running into the door and falling down in the attempt to return the glove.
    :)

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at February 23, 2019 7:58 AM MST
      February 23, 2019 5:46 AM MST

• I believe that since you're so thoughtful.  
      February 23, 2019 7:06 AM MST

Hey, thanks, Mrs. C!
    When I read CosmicWunderkund's question, the answer I posted here was the very first thing I saw myself doing in that situation. Ha!

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at February 23, 2019 1:12 PM MST
      February 23, 2019 7:50 AM MST

That would be me. 
      February 23, 2019 5:56 AM MST

Since it never happened?  HOW DO I KNOW?????

I can tell you this, if it were possible, I would try.  But I doubt if my reflexes and reaction time would help the matter.  Plus the glove might not even hit it's target.  Chalk it up as a loss.

I'm practical.
      February 23, 2019 7:58 AM MST

I'm so there with you, ha! I can't throw and aim accurately and/or successfully for the life of me.
    That's why my first thought was, given the situation, I'd have to hand the glove to the person, not throw it.
      February 23, 2019 8:03 AM MST

LOL

Thank GOD it is only a glove.  This is a totally impossible situation where everything is going so fast and moving to boot, that the odds of this unfortunate semi-gloveless character retrieving his glove this way, would be astronomical.  He has a better chance of catching a baseball thrown at Wrigley Field in the stands than knowing to turn around and catch a glove he doesn't even realize he lost.

He needs to go to the store and buy another pair.  Wal-Mart.  Cheap. This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at February 23, 2019 1:14 PM MST
      February 23, 2019 8:05 AM MST

That is so funny, Sharonna!

And very true!
      February 23, 2019 8:36 AM MST

• Ya and I was thinking that too. What would he turn around for in a throng of people on a subway platform over some inconsequential thing like a glove he would only realizes he lost later. It was a beautiful blue and black ski glove though. I was lazy and didn't throw it through the door before it shut but your not supposed to throw stuff. Right?
      February 23, 2019 1:17 PM MST

Hey, wow! This actually happened to you? That's fun to know!
    To have SO little time to react to something like that makes a big difference in what we end up doing or not doing. You weren't lazy.

(And thanks for the momentary Pick for my answer, too, ha! I, too, like Sharonna's answer.)
      February 23, 2019 1:47 PM MST

Hi CosmicWunderkund. I enjoy thinking about your question still the next day, now. I'll say again -- I admire your even thinking about trying to get that nice glove back to its owner. Not everyone would have even thought for a moment of even trying to return it.
    And I truly do like how you share your Picks with various people in your posts. As far as I've noticed, I think you're the only answerMugger I've noticed doing that --  in various questions of yours, your changing around your Picks. 
    Have a good one - - I'm getting ready to go for the day -- 
      February 24, 2019 10:42 AM MST