Discussion » Questions » Computers and the Internet » how many apple products do you own

how many apple products do you own

too damn many 

Posted - February 27, 2019

Responses

My phone 
      February 27, 2019 8:04 AM MST

• Just my phone and my old phone that I still use just for music. I also have about 3 other older phones around the house that don’t work at all, but I can’t get rid of them some reason. 
      February 27, 2019 8:12 AM MST

None.
      February 27, 2019 8:19 AM MST

There is a six pack of applesauce cups in the pantry. Also a couple of apples in the fridge.
      February 27, 2019 9:29 AM MST

i never been fan of apple... i always preferred windows over macintosh...

i just own an iphone but thats it.
      February 27, 2019 1:05 PM MST

Just 10 of the Granny Smith kind.
      February 27, 2019 1:34 PM MST

I got some apple sauce ... don't know how long that's been sitting in the pantry.  LOL
    Got some apple cider, as well.
      February 27, 2019 3:24 PM MST

Hmmmmm let me see

2 Laptops, 2 Iphone SE (we cannot stand the new ones), 2  Ipads, and 4 Ipods - then we have a basket of old Apple devices we should recycle

18 Jars of preserved applesauce, 8 apples in the Fridge, jars of infant applesauce etc

1 flat of Apple juice, and approximately 3 kilos of dehydrated organic apples sealed in vacuum packs for hiking along with Cherries, pears and strawberries

An assorted variety of porcelain & glass xmas oranments
      February 27, 2019 4:28 PM MST

• ok but what will you do when apple stops providing support for the SE, some apps already do it
      February 27, 2019 4:37 PM MST

I do have a feeling Apple will come up with a similar sized replacement for the SE.  Apple had a Flash sale at the beginning of this month to clear out the remaining Se inventory - Demand was so great it crashed their web site - source WSJ. 

Now Tim Cook is losing ground in China and Apple needs the revenue especially if folks like me abandon the apple Eco System.  The are already opening holes in their wall to increase revenue.  Consequently I have no fear that a similar sized replacement will come.  Besides I do not use any Apps - I do not like being tracked
      February 27, 2019 5:04 PM MST

What do SEs taste like?
      February 27, 2019 6:26 PM MST

zero
      February 27, 2019 4:41 PM MST

Not even some apple juice?
      February 27, 2019 6:26 PM MST

Not even. :)  I do have a T-Shirt from the Apple Cup game (Washington vs Washington State football).
      February 27, 2019 6:28 PM MST

Two, this ancient laptop and an I-phone V.

Once I got them home, I found they did not live up to their reputation.
    The programs are not as friendly as they were in the late eighties;
    they assume that everyone is a digital native, speaks Geek, and can understand and navigate the help menu -
    hence no tutorials come with the aps.
    Group lessons at Mac shops provide less than 25% of what they promise,
    with most of the time spent in aggressive salesmanship of Mac soft and hard ware.
    The online chat rooms have the same problem: Geek knowledge assumed - hopeless for beginners.
    Their accessories are at least three times more expensive than they need to be.
    The files have to be converted to a common format before they can be sent or shared with others.
    The telephone help is in a foreign country with technicians who don't speak good enough English to be understood.
    And the manufacturer is China, which means high likelihood of backdoor spy ap.s built in.

What ever happened to Dale Carnegie's attitude of finding out exactly what the customer wants
    and then providing it with integrity?

When this machine karks it, I'm going back to windows/IBM compatible
    and Ubuntu freeware for security. This post was edited by inky at February 28, 2019 6:03 AM MST
      February 27, 2019 7:06 PM MST

Hello Elon Musk
    None, and I will never buy any.
    I will never give any money to anything having to do with Steve Jobs.
    Jobs purchased a historic, heritage estate in the town in which I live, one of the few remaining.
    A beautiful Spanish colonial mansion sitting on lush, manicured landscaping and designed by George Washington Smith.
    He lived in the house for a few years and it is rumored that he hated what the house "represented", the gilded age and the copper magnate who built the house.
    He waned to tear the mansion down. but was met with resistance from the town and several historic preservation society's. The house was in to good of shape to warrant demolition and his permits were denied, so what do the creep do?, he moves out, purposefully leaving the house open so it will go to decay over the next decade and then re-applies for demolition permits, which were turned down again, so he goes to court, and loses, loses his appeals.
    A few years later he tries again. The town agrees that if he can relocate the house on another property, they would issue the necessary permits to do so...not good enough for the guy....he lets the house continue eroding until it was deemed to costly to restore and he tears it down...to the ground. He did allow for the house's grand pipe organ to be disassembled and removed before demolition..then what does he do?...dies that same year.
    So he never got his new house and the town lost a historic site, all for one mans vanity...nope...no apple products for me...
      February 27, 2019 7:34 PM MST

I have one can of pie filling, half enough to make a pie. It occurred to me that I could use a muffin pan to make tiny turnovers, but I haven't cared enough to do it yet. I also have applesauce which I use to make my famous oatmeal-walnut cookies.
      February 28, 2019 12:14 AM MST