Active Now

my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Music » Why hasn't Foreigner been inducted into the Rock and roll hall of fame?

Why hasn't Foreigner been inducted into the Rock and roll hall of fame?

Do you think they ever will? 

Posted - February 28, 2019

Responses

Not really a rock outfit. Not that that's prevented a slew of pop bands from being inducted, but still ...
      February 28, 2019 7:29 PM MST

Since the band and original lead singer Lou Gramm split, the Hall of Fame is not gonna induct them because of the politics involved. The band will not let Lou back in or perhaps Lou will not rejoin them. It's messy. 
      February 28, 2019 9:49 PM MST

• I'm still waiting for the apparent boycott they have on British heavy metal to finally come to an end.  Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Motorhead....how do you even call it a rock and roll hall of fame without having at least one of these bands. 
      March 1, 2019 6:39 AM MST

They've yet to kiss the right behind I suppose.  
      March 1, 2019 3:52 PM MST

I seem to remember reading that Foreigner fans and/or rock fans thought they 'sold out' away from the rock roots with their "I Wanna Know What Love Is" song -- even though I think the song is wondrous. This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at April 12, 2019 8:19 PM MDT
      April 12, 2019 8:07 PM MDT

I love that song for so many reasons. The main reason is that I relate to the lyrics so personally. I get it though, they were a rock band and I guess this could be a love ballad. Who cares? It's a lovely song and obviously touched a lot of people. 

I do like Wynonna Judd's cover....very moving.

April 12, 2019 8:32 PM MDT