Active Now

Slartibartfast
Malizz
Danilo_G
my2cents
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Y'all won't believe this. But many members of the LGBTQ community are FAR BETTER HUMAN BEINGS than those who are STRAIGHTS! Didja know?

Y'all won't believe this. But many members of the LGBTQ community are FAR BETTER HUMAN BEINGS than those who are STRAIGHTS! Didja know?

Conforming to YOUR template of what you think is "good" is not good. Because YOU are not perfect. YOU are not all-knowing. YOU are just an imperfect human being whose arrogance and self-righteousness blinds you to what is true and right and fair and just. But of course y'all don't believe that for a minute. Y'all believe you are superior to everyone who isn't exactly like you right? I wonder where you got that silly idea?

Posted - March 1, 2019

Responses

Mighty broad brush you got there. 

There is good and bad in every group.
      March 1, 2019 4:54 AM MST

And the brush seems to get a foot broader with each use. :)
      March 1, 2019 5:30 AM MST

OK but I would not think how anyone classifies their , or anyone else's, "sexual orientation" would be directly related to how good a human being they are.  Or do you somehow think it does? Certainly no one is perfect or "all knowing" and certainly arrogance and self-righteousness can be blinding - to anyone regardless of "sexual orientation".  As far as "superiority" I guess no one is exactly like me , as really I believe no one is "exactly" like anyone else.  We can think of ourselves as "superior" and many do because they are hard on themselves and need that feeling of superiority simply to get from one day to the next.  I know I am not the smartest person, nor the most attractive person, nor the most popular or personable.  Nor am I the most wealthy or respected or powerful.  But I have my strengths as I have weaknesses and I have learned to accept and like myself which is all I think we can do.  If that makes alone me smug or "superior" then I must accept the designation. 

Poor maligned "straights".  Not very interesting any more to many people. "Vanilla", "white-bread", dull, common, ordinary, unexotic, uninteresting. Now perhaps "arrogant", "self-righteous"?  Oh mother never warned me it might come to this!  Maybe someone will start a "straight" lib.  Actually have never thought of myself as a "straight", just a woman.  You can  label me however you wish.  We all free to make our own choices but part of our freedom is living with the consequences. 
      March 1, 2019 5:34 AM MST