Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Ever allow yourself to be talked into doing something that humiliated you while you were doing it and afterwards? What were you thinking?

Ever allow yourself to be talked into doing something that humiliated you while you were doing it and afterwards? What were you thinking?

Posted - March 2, 2019

Responses

Yes, recently.. I was asked to be witness at a meeting between a student and my employer.. I was there to support the employer's position obviously.. but I believed it wouldnt go well for the student as she had been told she was kicked off the course.. she had complained.. I felt totally embarrassed as I had spoken to the student many times and she believed i was on her side.. and so I was.. So that was an awful position to be in.. I was supposed to take notes.. not allowed to defend her or help her.. 

I felt awful, I felt embarrassed, felt I'd been asked to do this to humiliate me and put me in my place..  

As it was the meeting went ok and the student was ok.. but you can imagine I felt just awful
      March 2, 2019 11:55 AM MST

Mine was work-related too sweetie. I QUIT shortly thereafter. I just couldn't stay in a place working for a boss like that. In those days every job I ever got was better than the one I had left. I don't know if it is still like that today. But you can only take so much. I have also been asked to lie to a wife of a boss who hanky pankyed around with his secretary. He never asked me to do it directly. I had no choice. His wife was a PEACH and I adored her. We developed a friendship that my boss had no knowledge of which made it so far worse for me. I never ratted him to her but I just quit. What was so weird is that she was intelligent gracious BEAUTIFUL accomplished. The secretary was standard pretty but you wouldn't really think of her as outstanding. I still feel bad about that. Here's how awful he was. He would LOCK his office door with the secretary and him inside and would not answer the phone. Everyone knew what they were doing. Little secretary girl was also married. So when my friend, the wife of the boss, would call and his door was locked I'd lie and say he was out at a client's (he was an Architect). Then when the door was unlocked I'd give him the message. I mean what would YOU have done? Tell her what was going on? That would have hurt her very badly. They had two lovely young daughters. I just couldn't tell her. I always wonder if I should have and what happened after I left. SIGH. Thank you for your reply! :) This post was edited by RosieG at March 3, 2019 7:07 AM MST
      March 3, 2019 7:06 AM MST

I can't recall of ever allowing myself to be talked into doing anything that would humiliate me. As far as that goes, I can't be talked into doing anything I don't want to do. :)
      March 2, 2019 4:17 PM MST