Active Now

Element 99
my2cents
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Politics » Has someone ever threw in the garbage stuffs you owned without your approval ?

Has someone ever threw in the garbage stuffs you owned without your approval ?

Me yes and it was very frustrating..... My mom first threw in the garbage all my magic the gathering cards collection.... I liked my collection but she all threw in the garbage...

because she's christian, and for real, she believes that magic cards are a form of sorcery. No matter how much i told her its just a card game to enjoy with other players, she dont care , she believes its a form of sorcery. 

She also threw most of my xbox 360 games collection, because she thought i wanted to get rid of them when i didnt wanted. It was frustrating , because it was my collection i paid for every of these games.

Posted - March 3, 2019

Responses

Yes, when I joined the US Navy she threw away almost everything I owned before she moved to Florida.
      March 3, 2019 1:32 PM MST

that must have been frustrating in a sense. but you restarted your life elsewhere 
      March 3, 2019 1:37 PM MST

Yeah, I did, but the fact that she did it was quite rude. My girlfriend salvaged a few things before everything else got tossed.
      March 3, 2019 2:08 PM MST

My youngest son got into those Magic the Gathering cards when he was in his mid teens. At that time I thought they were evil and a waste of money. Now a days he makes a lot of money buying and trading them - he makes a lot of that money by speculating what cards will skyrocket in value then he buys a hundred of then and usually in a few months they are worth 100s of X more - so I`m glad he didn't`t listen to me when I told him they were bad. Cheers!
      March 3, 2019 2:01 PM MST

Yes, my parents threw away my childhood possessions when they moved house, they were in their loft, I would have at least liked the opportunity to go through them myself.
      March 3, 2019 2:02 PM MST

Why would she just want to throw those things away instead of at least donating them? Seems awfully wasteful. Anyway, my mother once tossed out a bunch of fresh vegetables I just bought for my piggies. Luckily I found them on the top of all the other garbage and just rinsed them real good. The pigs didn't seem to mind.
      March 4, 2019 6:42 AM MST