Active Now

my2cents
Danilo_G
DannyPetti
Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Jobs » When was the last time you worked on your scheduled day off, and was it for an entire shift or just a few hours?

When was the last time you worked on your scheduled day off, and was it for an entire shift or just a few hours?

I went in for two and a half hours on Saturday.

~

Posted - March 4, 2019

Responses

When I was still working, regularly scheduled hours were just a suggestion. With a global organization, it was always working hours somewhere. I suppose it gets busy a Wendy's on the weekends and they call you in to make the fries. 
      March 4, 2019 6:48 AM MST

On my first ship in Guam, I would do what we called 'stand-by' duty for others on the ship during holidays so they could go home and be with their families. My wife didn't go to Guam. This was 1972-3.
      March 4, 2019 6:53 AM MST

I'm working toward a day off tomorrow.  If I can get all my work done, I will finally have a day off to go shopping and get my hair done. 
      March 4, 2019 9:44 AM MST

I work 7 hours a day 7 days a week.

Everything I do is around this schedule.  I have not had to work a double yet.  I hope they don't get that creative with me. This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at March 4, 2019 10:23 PM MST
      March 4, 2019 10:13 AM MST

Depending on the season and the project load it depends if there ia anything like a Day Off.  At my level yes we do taper down, however we realize the S__t can hit the fan at anytime.  Last weekend got up at 5 on Saturday and put in a few hours on some repeorts that I need to present this week
      March 4, 2019 10:50 AM MST

i dont rennennber ever having to do that
      March 10, 2019 5:45 PM MDT