Active Now

Danilo_G
CosmicWunderkind
Zack
Discussion » Questions » Emotions » If someone tells you to do or not to do something, does that make you want to do the opposite with a vengeance?

If someone tells you to do or not to do something, does that make you want to do the opposite with a vengeance?

Ever notice how "spite" is a lot like "spit?"

Posted - March 4, 2019

Responses

It depends on the circumstances. If someone tells me not to do something or tells me I can't do something, I will usually do it out of spite or to prove them wrong. However, that usually comes about when there's a power play. If they're just telling me I can't or shouldn't because it's their opinion and everyone should bow down to them... that kind of mentality... meh. Nope. But, if someone presents a logical or heartfelt reason not to do something, I tend to be more mindful about whatever it is/ was. 
      March 4, 2019 10:06 PM MST

If sum won tells me 2B a bedder speller (witch eye thingk is insigniphican't compared to the eye deas you ar trying to convey) than I will porpoisely mispell az much az eye kan, no wing that I am still getting my point across.
      March 5, 2019 7:21 PM MST

It depends. If someone tells me to take cover, there's a tornado on the way...I would. If my sister tells me I should stop drinking, I would tell her to bugger off.
      March 5, 2019 7:13 AM MST

Yeah, make mine a triple. 
      March 5, 2019 7:21 PM MST

Only if I can see that there might be something in it for me.  Would not do anything just for spite. That would rather silly. 
      March 5, 2019 7:27 AM MST

• Depends on what I have to gain or lose either way. Spite doesn't figure in the decision at all. 
      March 5, 2019 11:16 AM MST

Neelie, I think you cheated.  No looking at Officegirl's answers!!!!
      March 5, 2019 7:23 PM MST

• No, I didn't. I've a mind of my own; and, at 47, don't really need to peek at someone else's response to frame my own.
      March 5, 2019 9:16 PM MST

yes
      March 8, 2019 3:50 PM MST