Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Babies and Kids » If you even remember it, at what age did you stop the crying and carrying on when getting haircuts at the barber shop? I can't remember being scared of it, I don't know if I ever cried.

If you even remember it, at what age did you stop the crying and carrying on when getting haircuts at the barber shop? I can't remember being scared of it, I don't know if I ever cried.

~

Posted - August 27, 2016

Responses

For a long time, you had to go downtown to the theater to see cartoons. They had a long show on Saturday morning for the kids: a bunch of cartoons, a serial, a feature length movie, and some sort of contests possibly broadcast on the local radio station. The one I went to was called "Square Shooters Party". There was a competition to choose a kid to announce the show at the beginning. I won once and the prize I got was a free haircut. At a barber shop. I think that guy might have guessed that I had never been to a barber shop before. My father had always cut my hair before that. Either that or it didn't get cut. It was a new experience for me. For the barber, too. He had never seen so much hair on one head.

My father never cut my hair again.

August 27, 2016 6:00 PM MDT

• i'm like you; i don't remember ever crying during a haircut. i did after i got older, when i was a teenager, and got a hack-job by an incompetent stylist. and once more, when i got a perm that would. not. quit. the 80's were rough on a girls hair.

August 27, 2016 7:46 PM MDT

I only cried when they were done and I looked in the mirror.  IT was devastating and never what I ever wanted.   TO this day, I cut my OWN hair.  

August 27, 2016 7:48 PM MDT

• i understand that feeling, yo.

now i have a 'live-in' stylist. =)

August 27, 2016 7:49 PM MDT