Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » Has anyone else besides me ever gotten a friend request on Facebook from someone they have never ever heard of before?

Has anyone else besides me ever gotten a friend request on Facebook from someone they have never ever heard of before?

Posted - March 8, 2019

Responses

• i used to get them all the time. now i have my facebook profile set so that people can't send me a request until they've messaged me 
      March 8, 2019 4:22 PM MST

Yes, I don't recognize the name so I am not responding.  I've received a email as well that said "Hi Buddy."  No idea who it was from. 
      March 8, 2019 4:26 PM MST

Of course, I have but I don't need any more friends requests. I got all the people I need.
      March 8, 2019 4:41 PM MST

I'm sure there are others. What's facebook?
      March 8, 2019 5:34 PM MST

It could be just a photo portrait album ,on the face of it......:) 
      March 8, 2019 5:51 PM MST

I don't do Facebook....it's far to invasive.....  Why put your life story on line for every one to see and possibly invade....:( 
      March 8, 2019 5:48 PM MST

Just another reason to love you...as a daughter of course.
      March 8, 2019 7:00 PM MST

Yes, but I only accept from people I know in real life.
      March 8, 2019 5:51 PM MST

All the time. I usually message the ones I don't recognize and ask if I know them and from where. I usually get a surge of requests when I become involved with something, so it's not always nefarious. Sometimes it is creepy people though. A while back I got a friend request from a woman I didn't know. I asked her if I knew her and she said she was friends with my "fiance." I didn't have one, but she was friends with my ex-boyfriend. I later asked him about it and he said he didn't know her either. She just happened to be friends with all his friends, so he accepted her request. How she even knew I was connected to the guy is a mystery to me because he and I didn't have photos of each other and weren't linked in any posts.

Something similar happened when I joined a dance studio. There were a couple guys who befriended the dancers and would send out requests to all their friends when they thought they were dancers too. Because of this, they'd wind up looking like they were connected to the studio and people would mindlessly accept their requests. I didn't even bother talking to them or asking because it was obvious they were just there following random women. 
      March 8, 2019 6:26 PM MST

I think you just gave a few reasons to not to be on facebook.
      March 8, 2019 7:02 PM MST

You betcha! New males get requests from attractive young ladies in distant states. New females get requests from unmarried retired military officers. 

It's fun to go to images.google.com and drag the profile picture into the search box to see where the picture actually came from. I mean if they actually have a profile picture.
      March 8, 2019 7:20 PM MST

No.  You're the only one.
      March 8, 2019 11:42 PM MST

Always, I usually just delete the friend request, unless they try to add me a second time. After the second time I'll either ask who they are or block them. 
      March 9, 2019 3:46 AM MST

I've gotten friend requests like that and I ask them if I know them or if we have a mutual friend.  If I don't get a response, I delete the request.  
      March 9, 2019 8:29 AM MST

It's happened 3 or 4 times since I started using Facebook. I may have accepted one or two (in cases where we had at least 2 mutual Facebook friends already) but now I ignore them.
      March 9, 2019 12:50 PM MST

i get those all the tinne , nnost of the tinne i dont add thenn back if i dont know who they are
      March 10, 2019 4:39 PM MDT