Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » An UNVACCINATED BOY spends weeks in intensive care fighting for his life suffering from Tetanus. Why did his parents GAMBLE with his life?

An UNVACCINATED BOY spends weeks in intensive care fighting for his life suffering from Tetanus. Why did his parents GAMBLE with his life?

Posted - March 11, 2019

Responses

Why do people support Trump.   Both are misinformed.   Both groups.  
      March 11, 2019 12:51 PM MDT

I have never understood anyone foregoing/withholding medical care because whatever happens is "God's will". Thank you for your reply Sharon and Happy Tuesday! :)
      March 12, 2019 2:01 AM MDT

Their decision was based on a sincere but what I consider to be an incredible and tragic erroneous belief about what God expects of us. This post was edited by tom jackson at March 12, 2019 2:02 AM MDT
      March 11, 2019 12:56 PM MDT

Whatever happens is "God's will"? If that's true why would God have created us to think of ways to preserve life? The entire medical profession is there to do just that. What is the purpose of giving people minds to create ways of making things better if not to use them? I don't get it tom. I never will. Thank you for your reply and Happy Tuesday! :)
      March 12, 2019 2:04 AM MDT

Willful and completely ignorant interpretation of the science of vaccines. 
    My hope is they have to pay the bill for his treatment. This post was edited by Don Barzini at March 12, 2019 4:51 AM MDT
      March 11, 2019 8:19 PM MDT

Parents are supposed to PROTECT their children. Taking them to doctors is just one of the ways. Is it always based on religious views? If so why would GOD give us the brains to preserve life if not to use them to do that? It's beyond puzzling DB. Thank you for your reply and Happy Tuesday.
      March 12, 2019 2:07 AM MDT

Not arguing, RosieG, but preservation of human life is not the highest value on their list---they fear that treating him may cost him his immortal soul.

---Intellectually incomprehensible to most of us, but psychologically understandable.
      March 12, 2019 12:29 PM MDT

Does the Bible say "Thou shalt not vaccinate" tom? Where does that come from...losing one's immortal soul if one seeks medical help? I'm not trying to be difficult. "Suffer the little children to come unto me". What does that mean if not love and protection? SIGH. Thank you for your reply. I find it difficult to differentiate between intellectual and psychological since both require the engagement of the brain don't they? Or is psychological purely emotion and intellectual purely not? I wonder how many more children will be sacrificed at the altar of their parent's immortal souls? Thank you for your reply and Happy Tuesday!  :). This post was edited by RosieG at March 12, 2019 1:32 PM MDT
      March 12, 2019 1:07 PM MDT

I don't keep close track of what I think are patently erroneous positions such as the one espoused by those parents.

But not everyone has the time, inclination, or ability to critically evaluate the positions that the theology they have adopted has led them to.

What I consider horrible mistakes can easily be made.  To me, this is an tragic example of one such mistake.
      March 12, 2019 1:35 PM MDT

I disagree completely. The intricate and multiple wrongdoings were specifically and purposefully targeted by all involved. Each had a role to play, lines to learn, lies to tell, wrongdoings to commit. It took a long time to set it up. It was not done in any way "easily". The levels of wrongdoing were multiple. They had to keep their stories straight which isn't always so easily done. So we disagree. So what? Thank you for your reply tom. I see no easy at all. Only hard. Hard time. Hard people. Hardened. Rigid. Marbleized. Inhuman. Sigh. This post was edited by RosieG at March 14, 2019 10:09 AM MDT
      March 14, 2019 6:36 AM MDT

Friedrich Schiller put it this way, "Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain."

(A little harsh, perhaps, but probably a factor.  One's judgment is only as good as one's information, and risk management can be learned.) 
      March 14, 2019 10:09 AM MDT

And disagree or not, I have no problem respecting your posts---you keep your principles ready and available for immediate application to the issues.

How can one not respect that in you?
      March 14, 2019 10:11 AM MDT

But there are no sure things.  Everything we do in life involves some degree of chance.  We make our choices daily and constantly based on what we think is best.  That is what freedom involves. 
      March 14, 2019 6:42 AM MDT