Discussion » Questions » Politics » Nancy Pelosi said that the House should not impeach President Trump. How can that happen now?

Nancy Pelosi said that the House should not impeach President Trump. How can that happen now?

So to all of you who were so certain of it happening any day, what will you do with yourselves now?

Posted - March 11, 2019

Responses

I tell ya what, Stu, I‘m gonna continue to watch the DC circus with mild interest. Always worth a laugh. 
     Neither party has a monopoly on bad characters, bad karma or bad ideas, and both are failing the public. This post was edited by Don Barzini at March 12, 2019 8:42 AM MDT
      March 11, 2019 4:56 PM MDT

I find it interesting that she said he is not worth our time. I had a chuckle.
      March 11, 2019 5:31 PM MDT

Hard to argue. Impeachment proceedings would suck all the air out of the legislative process for the forseeable future. 
    We think nothing is getting done NOW...
      March 11, 2019 6:03 PM MDT

• There's no case or there would assuredly be the attempt. The most strident and shrill enemies of both Trump and the United States, are the media and the Democrat Party. After more than two years of screaming and finger pointing, wild accusations and fabrications, these two agencies working in tandem sought to overturn an election and undermine the foundation of constitutional democracy. If there was a 10% chance of gaining a conviction on high crimes and misdemeanors, the indictments would already have been handed down by the House. But, we must bear in mind that this is NOT about politics or political theory and philosophies. This is a spiritual conflict with the prize being the heart and soul of the nation.
      March 11, 2019 8:46 PM MDT

Screaming? C’mon.
    Interesting how you seek to characterize a divisive, historically unpopular President who lost the popular vote and has never attained 50% national support on any matter, as a co-defendant with the entire US, while demonizing the press as undermining the pillars of democracy, when the press is, in fact, one of those pillars. Imagine where we’d be without a free press. North Korea. Russia. How much more obvious can I make this? 

Both parties are guilty of fabrications and destructive partisanship, but how curious that you make no account of the 9000 or so documented untruths spilt from the mouth of Trump himself. This post was edited by Don Barzini at March 12, 2019 8:43 AM MDT
      March 12, 2019 6:40 AM MDT

She knows it will be a failure, even if the House should prevail.  The Senate will not prosecute him.  She also knows the public is sick and tired of Congress spending our money on games just to spite each other.  That is not governing. Hearings and investigations have become an easy way to campaign without using your own money.....they do it with ours.   In the meantime there are real issues and problems and it's not the stuff the masses have been kept busy with....................God they are easily amused and distracted from what is really going on. This post was edited by Thriftymaid at March 12, 2019 8:40 AM MDT
      March 11, 2019 9:17 PM MDT

Well said
      March 12, 2019 8:32 AM MDT

Thanks.
      March 12, 2019 4:14 PM MDT

She wants to wait till something comes out that would be a 90 percent chance assurance of impeachment. 
      March 11, 2019 9:22 PM MDT

• She is right. I'm a Democrat and I don't like Trump, but I never thought impeachment was a good idea. Impeachment can't be partisan. The failure of the Bill Clinton impeachment attests to that. 
      March 12, 2019 9:48 AM MDT