Active Now

Gino LOLobrigida
Discussion » Questions » Food and Drink » Which food in your opinion is the most depressing to eat?

Which food in your opinion is the most depressing to eat?

A) zoodles
B) boxed Mac & cheese
C) hot dogs 
D) something else

Posted - March 12, 2019

Responses

• I love homemade pasta when someone else makes it. I’m not very good cook. So it’s the can for me Lol.
      March 13, 2019 10:13 AM MDT

• Boiling pasta only takes about 10 mins. to al dente ... secret is to make sure water is boiling ... test it and when it's done to your liking, just drain in a colander .. don't rinse it.  So much better than canned.  I'm Italian ... so we would have been drummed out of the corps if we ate canned.  LOL!
      March 13, 2019 10:17 AM MDT

• Lol :) I’ll just go to the local Italian restaurant. I did make a lasagna once. Last guy I was dating, we used to go to these couples cooking classes. Would make a full meal and eat it at same place with lots of wine and other couple there. Was fun and his idea. I think he was trying to domesticate me. Didn’t work lol.
      March 13, 2019 10:23 AM MDT

• It is nice to have someone else do the cooking!  
      March 13, 2019 11:04 AM MDT

• I just tried it for the first time.  I wasn't sure if I'd like it .. but it was really good.  We have a simple cutter that does a great job .. easy.  Freshly cut .. not slimy.  I was afraid of that too.  So many ways to serve it.  Great substitute for pasta.
      March 13, 2019 10:14 AM MDT

• Have you ever tried spaghetti squash? It’s realky good too. 
      March 13, 2019 10:24 AM MDT

• I haven't yet .. but hear it's great.  That would be another good pasta substitute.
      March 13, 2019 11:05 AM MDT

Food from a gas station.  

Usually stale to boot.

March 13, 2019 2:48 AM MDT

• We only have snack food here at gas stations, like chips and stuff. No hot food like there.
      March 13, 2019 7:01 AM MDT

And HOW DEPRESSING IS THAT??????? 

I plead "OTHER" in your selection that I get to pick from. I followed the rules.   No one said HOT.  No one said it.   

Did one?   Oh and BTW?  There is plenty of hot food served in gas stations in the USA.  AND BOY IS IT BAD.  Think a cheaper version of a bad Taco Bell.  If you had a steady diet of what they serve there?  You would be in the emergency room after a few weeks.  

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at March 13, 2019 6:10 PM MDT
      March 13, 2019 10:15 AM MDT

• Chips and popcorn are for watching movies... not depressing. Fun!
      March 13, 2019 10:19 AM MDT

You mistake my meaning.  I meant if that was all you had as a choice when you are hungry for food and a sustaining meal.

OF COURSE THEY ARE FUN.  I love the SMART FOOD white cheddar cheese popcorn.  I devour that.  I love the salt and vinegar chips.  

So I am not being a food snob.  I am being hungry and hoping there is more than that stuff around.  

March 13, 2019 11:02 AM MDT

• Okay gotcha, I love smartfood popcorn too.
      March 13, 2019 8:10 PM MDT

• We used to live in Illinois.  There was a gas station in Springfield that had a gravy dispenser in their food section!!!  People love their gravy in the Midwest!  lol!  It was biscuits and gravy there.  Here in Virginia, they eat pancakes with sausage gravy!  Yech!!  Love those regional dishes.
      March 13, 2019 11:08 AM MDT

• Sausage gravy does sound disgusting to me, blah. Regional foods reminds me of when I was a kid we drove across the states to Florida. We stopped at a Denny’s for breakfast in a southern state, and I ordered a thing called grits. Some reason  I thought grits would be fried potatoes lol. It was some cold gloopy porridge like thing. Disgusting
    -_- 

March 13, 2019 4:18 PM MDT

Cotton candy. All image, no substance - when you bite into it, it isn't there. The food equivalent of a campaign promise.
      March 13, 2019 4:05 AM MDT

• Yeah gross, I never liked it even as a child.
      March 13, 2019 7:01 AM MDT

When I was little I was fascinated with it.  Its texture.  And how it felt hot as it melted in your mouth and left those little hard beads on the spun sugar from the spit.  

Ah yes.  I remember that stuff.  

March 13, 2019 11:05 AM MDT

Sugar and sweets. 
      March 13, 2019 6:21 AM MDT

• You don’t like pie?
      March 13, 2019 7:02 AM MDT

I make squash and apple pies without adding sugar. 
      March 13, 2019 7:14 AM MDT

• Sounds good.
      March 13, 2019 7:34 AM MDT

I didn't read your whole question.  Good. I can answer again.  I am not proud.

Oh.  I guess I did answer it right because I just read it again.  

Three time's the charm.   

Of the named ones you chose, I would say they are all evil.  EEEEVIL.  I do eat fake hot dogs.  I am still mentally addicted to that evil.  

March 13, 2019 10:13 AM MDT

D- popcorn...for dinner
      March 13, 2019 1:19 PM MDT

• I’ve had that for dinner more times than I care to admit. 
      March 13, 2019 1:54 PM MDT