Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
my2cents
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » If GOD did create everything that means HE created all the monstrous human beings who ever lived. Why would a LOVING GOD do that?

If GOD did create everything that means HE created all the monstrous human beings who ever lived. Why would a LOVING GOD do that?

Posted - March 21, 2019

Responses

Buddha observed all the pain and suffering happening in his time and he prayed and prayed for a compassionate God to help bring relief for people.  No significant result. He finally decided probably no  supernatural God exists which inspired him to make the beginning 9f the Buddhist religion -which is more properly identified as a philosophy of life than a religion. 
    'One can endure pan without having to suffer'  I dunno how that concept works. Pain clinics use that concept. This post was edited by Kittigate at March 21, 2019 7:14 AM MDT
      March 21, 2019 6:09 AM MDT

Thank you for your thoughtful reply Kg. I read the quotation and I must confess I am unable to process it. Perhaps Buddha meant something else when he used the word "suffer". When I'm in pain I suffer. When I'm not I don't. Maybe he means you transcend the flesh and reach another plane? A higher plane? Happy Thursday m'dear!  :)
      March 21, 2019 7:18 AM MDT

It probably makes more sense in the original ... so many philosophical/religious meanings lose something in translation.

Probably along the lines of how we say how someone can have a rich life even though they are poor.
      March 21, 2019 7:34 AM MDT

You just did it again Walt! You gave me an example that computes. We're kinda poor but have a very rich life. Thanks again! You should be a teacher if you aren't and get paid for it! I am SERIOUS! :)
      March 21, 2019 7:43 AM MDT

?   Not sure where that kind of logic came from.  You must not believe that we have free will to determine our course in life.  Some choose God, some do not. This post was edited by officegirl at March 21, 2019 7:45 PM MDT
      March 21, 2019 6:17 AM MDT

I believe that He created you and created me.  Neither of us is perfect, and neither of us is free from having committed wrongdoing against others during our lifetimes. If you also believe in God and that He created you, then following the logic of your question, how do you account for your own shortcomings?

God doesn't make perfect humans.  We are all fallible, and He have gave us free will to decide for ourselves what is right and what is wrong. This post was edited by Randy D at March 21, 2019 7:46 PM MDT
      March 21, 2019 6:28 AM MDT

• One of the greatest things God ever did was to give each and everyone of us free will.  Free will to love him or hate him.  Free will to love others or hate others.  Free will to be the best we can be or acquiesce to the worst.

God created everything, and it was all good.  All of it, without blemish.  One of the perks I suppose of being a perfect being.  Yes, he made all people, but he made us perfect too.  He made this world perfect.  Life was perfect.  Everything he made, he did so in love and still does.  We are all born innocent with a blank slate before us.  People don't just get manufactured by their creator as factory defects from the get-go.  No monstrosities were ever made.  That comes later with the introduction of sin into our lives and came with the introduction of sin into this world.  Chaos results from a falling away from God.  A falling away from purity.  God is Love.  Sin corrupts.  There is both good and evil.  Both light and dark.  We are not on the path he originally set us safely on.  As humans we continually choose those things that lead to destruction, often giving in to the worst, which can eventually turn beautiful into ugly. 

We have no one to blame for the monsters and the madness but ourselves, and perhaps the forces of darkness which influence us, but God is not to blame for our misdeeds.  We reap what we sow, and some day each of us will make an accounting for our thoughts and our behavior.  We HAVE to own the messes that WE make, and hopefully find comfort in the knowledge that thankfully, we are still loved beyond measure and there is always forgiveness and chances for newness.

Blessings to everyone!
      March 21, 2019 6:57 AM MDT

Thank you for your thoughtful reply TD and Happy Thursday to thee.
      March 21, 2019 7:14 AM MDT

Many people claim the Abrahamic God isn't responsible, because we have free will.
    However, said God is also allegedly all-knowing ... so He would have known even before Creation, that there would be evil.
    So He knowingly created creatures which would turn to evil.

And He is also all-powerful.
    So He could have used that foreknowledge that His Creations would turn to evil, to go back to the drawing board and come up with a better design.

Some say evil is necessary for an intelligent creation.
    I say that doesn't take into account the intelligent creatures we know of ... primates, dolphins, whales, etc.
    Do those creatures have any less "free will" than humans?
      March 21, 2019 7:39 AM MDT