Discussion » Questions » Diet and Fitness » .A recent study came out saying eggs are bad for you. Again. Should I just eat chocolate, pizza and drink wine until it's good for me?

.A recent study came out saying eggs are bad for you. Again. Should I just eat chocolate, pizza and drink wine until it's good for me?

Posted - March 25, 2019

Responses

• Lol:) I like the way you think. Maybe Element was right and we are the same person. 
      March 25, 2019 12:12 PM MDT

LOL
      March 25, 2019 3:20 PM MDT

• :)
      March 25, 2019 6:29 PM MDT

I loved eggs.  I had a dream where GOD actually appeared and spoke to me in person.  HE SAID:  You think you are healthy?  You are not healthy.  NO EGGS.  NO EGGS NO EGGS./

I believe in God but I don't believe in my interpretations so I just dismissed it.

Well it turns out, God was right.  20 years later after consuming loads of eggs (I lost weight on an egg diet) and depending on loads of eggs, I had to have my gall bladder removed from so many stones loaded with cholesterol.

So, don't go crazy with eggs.  A few a week are okay.  But a few a day are not healthy.  

Sai Ram
      March 25, 2019 1:32 PM MDT

As with everything else, eggs in moderation are fine.  If we stopped eating everything that "they" say is bad for us, we would want to die at age 15.
      March 25, 2019 2:13 PM MDT

Reference please. A dietician told me I could eat all the eggs I wanted to.
      March 25, 2019 3:22 PM MDT

I'm thinking the whites are good but the yolk is bad.  That's the refrained answer.
    However, my real answer is:
    To begin with, I'm NOT a big fan of eggs.

That little slimy gross thing that hangs in the center, along with the yolk, disgusts me.
    If I do eat eggs, they have to be scrambled or well done.
    The cholesterol level is high with them.
    In turn, they are very high in protein.

If that doesn't gross you out enough, being the vegetarian that I believe you are, here is a not-so-shocker to you. 
    But, we all start from eggs.  So, you are, in the truest of form, eating another being.

What was the question again?  

This post was edited by Merlin at March 26, 2019 7:47 AM MDT
      March 25, 2019 3:43 PM MDT

Just wait a year or so and they will be good for you again. Lol
      March 25, 2019 3:52 PM MDT

So True!  It's amazing how foods most people love bounce around to be good for you or not.
    It really depends on the individual.  
      March 25, 2019 3:55 PM MDT

Baby chick's are made of eggs and they are pretty healthy. 
      March 25, 2019 4:11 PM MDT

That is not what the study said.  This is why there is so much confusion.  The study showed a correlation between eating 5-6 eggs every day and dying from heart disease.   That is close to meaningless.  But keeping the masses distracted is so easy these days.
      March 25, 2019 11:11 PM MDT