Active Now

ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
Discussion » Questions » Animals (Pets/ Domesticated) » Do you have a dog that constantly growls at noises ?

Do you have a dog that constantly growls at noises ?

We have a small dog at home with us, and whenever theres small noises in the building , he always growls or bark at it , and we're like '' HEYY SHUT UP ! '' lol

Posted - March 29, 2019

Responses

Do you have a tv?  Can you get YOUTUBE?

Watch the Dog Whisperer.

I don't even HAVE a dog and my mom and I would watch that show all the time.  I learned so much about how dogs communicate and how they learn and how we communicate and how we learn.

I hope you get a chance to watch some of it.
      March 29, 2019 12:40 PM MDT

yeah i guess i heard about this show... from Caesar Millan i think 
      March 31, 2019 1:47 PM MDT

Yes.  However, my dog has very acute hearing.  The noises he growls/barks could be the house settling, or the neighbor toking in his backyard, or perhaps someone a mile up the street heading off to work.
      March 29, 2019 12:51 PM MDT

• Seems to me that the dog is simply doing what he is designed to do.  Somehow, somewhere, in a social site for animals, without your knowledge, your dog is probably posting questions like..."Do you have a human who always says HEY SHUT UP every time you respond to curious sounds? 
      March 29, 2019 7:21 PM MDT

Growling I wouldn't mind so much. She barks her a$$ off at noises.
      March 29, 2019 11:24 PM MDT

The Resident Labradors have been trained and socialized not to growl or bark unless there is a real threat.
      March 31, 2019 12:49 PM MDT

no but one of rny neighbors does
      March 31, 2019 5:36 PM MDT