Active Now

CosmicWunderkind
Danilo_G
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » Next on the agenda soon for Canada is to implement free auto insurance same as there is free health care. Do you think that will work?

Next on the agenda soon for Canada is to implement free auto insurance same as there is free health care. Do you think that will work?

Tax on fuel will increase a lot

Tax on booze will increase sharply so people cannot afford to drink and drive 

Higher tax on parking places

Air to inflate tires will be taxed...

Posted - April 1, 2019

Responses

• I thought they already do in half of it.  All the plains and Quebec do do they not?
      April 1, 2019 6:55 AM MDT

Government insurance agencies but you still pay for coverage. Free insurance would make easier on people who have to drive to work or use a vehicle for their work.
    Young people pay very highly for their insurance. 
      April 1, 2019 9:49 AM MDT

• Yeah I didn't really think it through til after I posted but decided to leave it up as inaccurate.
      April 1, 2019 10:52 AM MDT

Why would any of that necessarily follow?  How does the fuel industry tie in with insurance?  

Or any of that?  And if it does?  Why lie about the savings?  There is no savings regarding free car insurance if you have to pay up the yin yang for any other services.

That's stupid.  However, gas here is high, and so is everything else including insurance.

I just don't like the idea that they can claim they are saving you money and just take the costs and spread them elsewhere.
    And what happens where there is a huge accident?  

Who pays for that?  The free healthcare?  What about the car?  Another free car?  I doubt it. This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at April 1, 2019 10:08 AM MDT
      April 1, 2019 9:53 AM MDT

I never really gave it a lot of thought. 

APRIL FOOLS! ha ha ha
      April 1, 2019 9:57 AM MDT

Damn.  And I thought I gave this good answer too.  
      April 1, 2019 10:12 AM MDT

'Course was a good answer. 
      April 1, 2019 10:19 AM MDT

Yours was a much better answer. LOL 
      April 1, 2019 10:45 AM MDT

Yours is worthy of 'asker's pick' but I usually only give asker's to dumb people when they give smart answers.
      April 1, 2019 11:00 AM MDT