Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Death and Dying » Have you ever had a "hit" put out on you ( a hired assassin) or someone you know? It's happened to 2 people I know personally.

Have you ever had a "hit" put out on you ( a hired assassin) or someone you know? It's happened to 2 people I know personally.

Thankfully, they are still alive and the assassins are in prison.  

Posted - April 2, 2019

Responses

Thanks.  
      April 4, 2019 10:07 AM MDT

NOPE.  And that is doubly weird since I grew up in Mafia Town USA. Chicago.
      April 4, 2019 9:15 AM MDT

That is weird considering its full of Mafioso/Chicago Outfit.  I went to Chicago once.  I didn't like it because it was very windy and messed my hair up.  
      April 4, 2019 9:23 AM MDT

Ahh.. You should have given it a little more time because there are some amazing restaurants in Chi-town.

You need to have CHICAGO hair.  Really short or really long and tied in a pony tail and braided and then let loose after you get indoors.  Voila, a nice curly mane. 

Hairspray?  Anything that has hairspray to hold the style is gonna suffer.  That's probably why they have such good hair salons in Chicago.  Good haircuts are very necessary.  The kind that go back into place after being tousled or TOTALLY wind blown. This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at April 4, 2019 9:44 AM MDT
      April 4, 2019 9:31 AM MDT

I was very young and all I cared about was my hair.  lol  However, I once had Jersey hair.  Is that anything like Chicago hair?
      April 4, 2019 9:37 AM MDT

-LOL when I think about Jersey I think big hair with hairspray.  Yeah there was a lot of that in the 80's and all we cared about then was our hair too.  Even the guys.  Big hair ruled back then.
      April 4, 2019 9:42 AM MDT

• I was born in Chicago and grew up in a suburb 20 miles West .. plus, I'm Italian.  I've never had a hit put out on me.  I always felt pretty safe in Chicago .. within reason, of course.  Any big city has its dangerous people and places.  

Now, I live in Northern VA and find some of the locals a lot more "sketch" than I did back in IL.  I guess it's all a matter of perception and where you spend your time though.

April 4, 2019 9:35 AM MDT

Good answer.  I had street smarts and I knew how to take care of myself, but every day there was a  crime waiting to happen if you didn't know how to navigate.  There were areas in Chicago where angels feared to tread.  Especially at night alone.
      April 4, 2019 9:44 AM MDT

I'm half Italian myself. I have a lot of family from South Philly and a couple of my peeps had hits put out on them. 
    I don't understand the mentality of mafia/mobsters.  It makes me throw my hands up (in that Italian way) and say:  What's the matter for you?!  lol

Ooh, I love Virginia!  In particular, the Charles City area.  I would love to go back and visit.  Maybe one day!
      April 4, 2019 9:50 AM MDT

Many years ago I was told by the girlfriend of a "character" that someone had offered to eliminate me if he wished.  She told me he declined, but she warned me anyway.
      April 4, 2019 9:36 AM MDT