Active Now

Element 99
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Emotions » Are you friends with your ex? Is it possible to remain friends with THE EX?

Are you friends with your ex? Is it possible to remain friends with THE EX?

I saw my ex-husband recently and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.  Come to think of it, he was actually quite pleasant.  Hopefully it will stay that way.

Posted - April 4, 2019

Responses

In general, I hold the women that I dated after my divorce in the early 1970's in warm regard for the good times we had and their help in my healing.  I remarried in 1981 and my wife and I have developed an extremely rewarding and mutually satisfying relationship.

I never did get along with my ex-wife---I suspect the primary reason for that is that as a rule, the succubi do not make good partners for male humans.

I do find, however, that since her death a few years ago---along with her probable return to from whence she came---any bad memories seem to be fading with time.
      April 4, 2019 9:51 AM MDT

She can welcome my brother when it is his time.  
      April 4, 2019 10:05 AM MDT

Perhaps the knew each other "down there"?   (Two schools of thought about whether that question mark "should" be inside or outside the quotation mark---sorry, I just came off replying to our grammar thread.)
      April 4, 2019 10:19 AM MDT

• There’s 2 I’m still friends with. One from my early 20’s and my most recent Ex. my most recent and I still talk about once a week. 
      April 4, 2019 9:57 AM MDT

Yes we are.
      April 4, 2019 10:04 AM MDT

My daughter's dad I get along with.

My second boyfriend I guess would be a friend, but I don't care.

My third is dead.

April 4, 2019 10:04 AM MDT

I don't see any of my exes any longer.  
      April 4, 2019 10:10 AM MDT

Yes, but it depends on the reasons why you broke it off and how you both feel/ behave. I am friends (to varying degrees) with most of my exes. There's only one exception to that and it happens to be the one I was married to. Some I just chat with every now and again. One I'm on such good terms that we've talked about living together again, but only as roommates. I thought that would be weird, but it's not. 
      April 4, 2019 2:43 PM MDT

Hmmm. Your Knight is watching out for you.
      April 4, 2019 7:13 PM MDT

I did not marry until middle age and we are still together.  Former boyfriends are long gone and, besides two or three of them who might contact me once a year or so, I no longer am in touch with them.  I have however become friends with my husband's ex!
      April 5, 2019 5:25 AM MDT

Yes I am in touch with a few, there are some I am not. 

1. A number of women I dated we parted on good terms.  They ended up marrying either old roommates or friends.  Consequently I was either at their weddings or in them. As a matter of social interactions we still see each other as a matter of course

2. An old friend from Grade School thru University we did everything together.  This included rating each others dates, and slipping between being lovers and friends. We drifted apart and reconnected a couple of years back.  Since we know where the bodies are buried and the treasures hidden our conversations are always fun.

3.  My Ex, mother of my oldest children, and I are still close.  She is a career driven Workaholic in both the past and present.  We keep in contact and she and the Doc are friends. Occasionally they will catch a glass of wine or go off on a womens retreat to whereever.  NBD

4.  The others, no. Only 2 women have I parted with on bad terms, the others I believe good terms.  For whatever reasons there were no good reasons to keep the lines of communication open.  There was never a reason to be back together with them.  I do wish them all well, and I do hope no major tragedies have happened in their lives.
      April 5, 2019 5:49 AM MDT

Stay true to yourself and it is possible!
      April 7, 2019 5:13 AM MDT

I'm still friends with two of them. My wife is friends with them too, so it's all good.
      April 7, 2019 5:21 AM MDT