Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Home and Garden » Do you think you know what awful smells like?

Do you think you know what awful smells like?

You don't if you never smelled Fabulos.   It is the most nauseating Hospital smell ever . IT also seems to premenantly infect anything it get a near for life.

If anyone has any suggestions to remove this evil sleep from an object please let me know because I think I am going to have to throw the stuff away.  Even the metal.chair I used some.diluted fabulous holds the sent after repeated re washing and airing out in the sun for a week

How can any one stand this over powering hospital smell?  The crap doesn't even work any better than.other similar priced products.

Posted - April 11, 2019

Responses

• Are you having a stroke?
      April 11, 2019 8:07 AM MDT

• Probably .  I don't tell the doctors this but I think I had a couple mini ones before.
      April 11, 2019 8:57 AM MDT

• Not sure if serious.....stop sniffing that purple stuff. 
      April 11, 2019 9:38 AM MDT

We use it at home and at a cleaning job. Floors only. I like the smell.
      April 11, 2019 8:18 AM MDT

• YOU ARE FAHHHHKED UP BUD!

It smells exactly like a hospice ward.  It doesn't even clean all that well. Not better than anything else in the price range.  It smells so toxic though.
      April 11, 2019 8:56 AM MDT

• Maybe wash whatever it is in vinegar.
      April 11, 2019 8:52 AM MDT

• I tried that!  Several times.  It over powers the vinegar.  It is actually a marvel of modern chemistry how tenacious this hospital like stink is.  I am actually thinking of trying bleach.
      April 11, 2019 8:54 AM MDT

• Have you tried adding baking soda to the vinegar mixture?  And, someone said apple cider vinegar does a better job than regular vinegar .. I don't know.  Bleach can be brutal .. but I hope that helps.
      April 11, 2019 9:00 AM MDT

• Nah because baking soda and vinegar together doesn't actually do.anything .they just neutralize each  other.  I.don't mind bleach smell and at least bleach isn't dangerous once it is rinsed and or diluted.  I mean it is safe to add to.drinking water.
      April 11, 2019 9:03 AM MDT

Bleach? If you can smell it, it's bad, bad, bad. (I can smell it in our city water. I don't cook with nor drink it.)
      April 11, 2019 10:50 AM MDT

• Being able o still.smell it isn't bad.  You ever use a cistern?  You add bleach to them and you  an get a slight whiff of it.  Perfectly safe when diluted and gasses off anyway. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at April 11, 2019 10:54 AM MDT
      April 11, 2019 10:53 AM MDT

Read this and decide. I used to be a chemistry teacher.

https://h2odoctors.com/chlorine-taste-and-smell-in-drinking-water/
      April 11, 2019 10:58 AM MDT

• I already know the chemistry of urbane what ate the safe and recommended levels.  Besides I never said I wanted to smell bleach in the water or coffee pot.  I am trying to neutralize a residual odor and residue from a much more dangerous and toxic chemical. Fabuloso.  Look at the toxicity report of that stench you liked. It is horribly unsafe product.

I am talking about running it through the machine to try and break down or oxidize the remaining chemicals in the machine.  Several rinse cycles and some days to gas off will.be perfectly safe since it is already diluted when I ran it through.

I respect your knowledge as a HS chemistry teacher but at the same time I also had  chemistry HS teacher tell.me  melting Iodine is impossile because it sublimates at normal atmospheric conditions.  Which is true it does,  it is however easily possibly to melt Iodine crystals into a liquid before total sublimation with enough heat under normal atmosphere.
      April 11, 2019 11:05 AM MDT

Why do you mention iodine?
      April 11, 2019 11:16 AM MDT

• This doesn't show any evidence or even state it is unsafe to have noticeable amounts of bleach in your water.  4 PPM in water would still have a slight noticeable smell of chlorine to it as it gasses off.  All you posted was a sales pitch for water treatment equipment.
      April 11, 2019 11:07 AM MDT

MSDS for Fabuloso.

https://resources.cleanitsupply.com/MSDS/CPC04307CT_MSDS.PDF
      April 11, 2019 11:21 AM MDT

You are 100% totally correct.

I had an uncomfortably bad experience in a hospital and I remember the custodial staff saying they used it.

About a month after the hospital, I walked into a gas station mini mart and a scent invaded my soul - -  and I asked the employee, "Do you use Fabuloso to clean your floors?" 
    She gave me a strange look and said, "Yes, we do."
    The smell immediately had sent me back to Bad Land.

I absolutely detest the smell of that stuff -  simply, and most likely, because of the association with the hospital experience. 
      April 12, 2019 7:59 PM MDT