Active Now

Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » you ever stare intently at a computer screen for 6 hours

you ever stare intently at a computer screen for 6 hours

my head hurts so much I might actually vomit AND it hurts to focus my eyes 

Posted - April 11, 2019

Responses

Eight to ten hours a day weekdays.  Most of my job at my office involves working at my computers. Except for a little down time when I play on AM. 
      April 11, 2019 8:25 PM MDT

Heaps longer.
    14 hours a day when the writing or reading is going strong, which is usually
    5-6 days a week for 12 weeks at a stretch, 3 session a year.
    Headaches for me are extremely rare.

Suggest get eyes tested for focus; may need glasses for close up.

Some people are more sensitive to the light from computers screens.
    Most now have a toggle to adjust. How depends on your operating system.
    In can help to look out a window for 1-5 minutes once every twenty minutes. Allow the eyes to relax on the horizon. Or look at nature. Or change focus looking at things at different distances.

Headaches can also come from inactivity. If likely, get out for at least half an hour's walk everyday.
    Or thirst - drink 6-8 cups or 2 litres a day, preferably without added sugar, and the less caffeine the better.
    Or being overheated. Many people keep the aircon up too high.

Or stress.

Or maybe you are developing migraines. A doctor could help diagnose. This post was edited by inky at April 11, 2019 11:57 PM MDT
      April 11, 2019 11:49 PM MDT

All the time 
      April 12, 2019 1:47 AM MDT

i dont do 6 hours straight. But i spent lot of time on the computer since early teenage years. Thats the reason why im shortsighted though. The computer screen made my eyes see less well at long range. 

April 12, 2019 10:42 AM MDT

Not since I retired. Before that, it was the norm.
      April 13, 2019 10:31 AM MDT