Active Now

ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
Discussion » Questions » Finance » Do you spend cash on lottery tickets ?

Do you spend cash on lottery tickets ?

Me no.... I work at a lottery's headquarters; I do cleaning maintenance there ; And i see a book there, with messages written by lottery winners... They must really be glad to win those huge money prizes. But its so rare.... 

I dont believe we can win in a lottery. So i dont spend cash on it.

Posted - April 12, 2019

Responses

• I don't normally do that.  But a couple of times, I found a few dollars on the ground .. and played the lottery with that. I didn't win .. but I didn't really lose anything either.  :)  It amazes me to see people who spend a ton of money on tickets ... win a few dollars and forget how much they had to spend to get that!  :)  

April 12, 2019 11:40 AM MDT

Never ever
      April 12, 2019 11:41 AM MDT

I play Publishers Clearing House sweepstakes ... but it's free (unless you buy something).
      April 12, 2019 2:23 PM MDT

Yes....it's really quite annoying actually....no shop I ever go in to get mine won't give them to me for free....
    Does being cute and Blonde mean nothing to people any more....Cugh...:( 
      April 12, 2019 2:48 PM MDT

Nope.   It's a waste of money.  As with any gambling venue, the "house" always wins.  I worked too hard to earn what little money I have.  Why would I want to throw it away on the false pretence that I might get a portion of it back?
      April 12, 2019 3:48 PM MDT

From time to time my office colleagues have bought tickets and I have gone in on it with them but otherwise do not gamble formally. 
      April 12, 2019 8:30 PM MDT

I've a direct debit/standing order set up to pay for one ticket a week. I never even win small amounts of money but.. I justify it this way.. 1) some of the lottery money goes to funding projects and good causes.. 2) a small hope of a win is better than no hope - I am never going to be rich any other way!
      April 13, 2019 2:31 AM MDT