Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Health and Wellness » how do you like having blood drawn

how do you like having blood drawn

i went to the doctors for the first time in almost five years and it took them three times to get my bloods  

Posted - April 16, 2019

Responses

Your veins are probably very tiny and that blows. 

I had a period in my life not too long ago where I tried to increase my money and  (7 years?) where I sold my blood to a clinic.  Or tried.  They had an insane time getting the blood.  They stuck it in my arm and missed the vein.  My whole arm turned black and blue for days.  Talk about inept bunglers.

If you get someone who has practiced on everyone for years, then you should do fine.  The luck of the draw in whom you get though.  (pun) This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at April 16, 2019 1:49 PM MDT
      April 16, 2019 10:59 AM MDT

To be honest ,I think having blood drawn really sucks....:(
      April 16, 2019 12:04 PM MDT

Thankfully, I work at a hospital and know exactly who to ask for when I need a blood draw.  

If you have small veins or a history of difficult draws, let them know ahead of time.
    They also have equipment now that scans your arm and overlays the vein, making it easier for them to find it.
      April 16, 2019 12:48 PM MDT

• It doesn't bother me.  Except the part they won't ever give a sample of it to take home.  
      April 16, 2019 1:20 PM MDT

• I don't like it at all. I almost fainted last time. 
      April 16, 2019 1:24 PM MDT

By a vampire.
      April 16, 2019 1:49 PM MDT

• Usually, there's no problem drawing blood from my arm.  But before surgery a few years ago, I was so dehydrated that they had a hard time getting blood at all.  I felt like a pincushion after they were done.
      April 16, 2019 2:32 PM MDT

I don't like it and the last time, in February she had a hard time finding a vein in my arm and then moved to my hand. OUCH! Thin arms, thin hands, thin veins. 
      April 16, 2019 7:32 PM MDT

Bite me in the neck for it.
      April 16, 2019 8:24 PM MDT

No, I have bad veins. It takes 5min before they even decide which arm to try. When I was in the hospital in Jan, they had drawn daily to monitor white blood cell count they went for the hand every morning at 5:00am. 
    Went through 5 IVs in 4 days. The last one they used ultrasound and an extra long IV. Kind of made me mad they did not do that the first time.
      April 17, 2019 6:22 AM MDT