Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Statements » This song makes me smile and feel good all over, every time I hear it.

This song makes me smile and feel good all over, every time I hear it.

Posted - April 20, 2019

Responses

Makes me think of Mtv back when it played music. 
      April 20, 2019 8:52 PM MDT

I sort of miss just listening and seeing music videos on that channel.
    :)
      April 21, 2019 3:37 AM MDT

Yeah. It was great.
      April 21, 2019 5:25 AM MDT

• Yes. That was the very first song played on MTV. It's strange to me that it seems like a happy song yet there's something a little sad about it too. 

This song was used in the soundtrack for the movie, "Take This Waltz" starring Michelle Williams and Seth Rogen. I know you're a big movie buff so I'm not sure if you've seen that movie, but it's a good one. It's kind of a sad movie, so have your kleenex handy if you do ever watch it ;)

Anyway, it's a powerful scene; there's such a contrast to the characters' happy disposition when the ride starts and at the end, when the ride is over. 

May 5, 2019 10:05 AM MDT

Hey, I only now saw your comment here! Sorry!
    I started to watch the clip and (of course) thought "Who's this good-looking guy sitting on the ride?"
    And then I stopped it and read your comment - - I've not seen the movie and I stopped watching the clip, so, in case I do watch the movie, nothing will e ruined for me or anything. Sad movie, huh? Yup- - it doesn't seem to take much to make me cry lately.

I'm going to have to sign off for now. Pretty zonked.
    Be Well!
    :)
      May 21, 2019 7:30 PM MDT