Active Now

Spunky
Malizz
Shuhak
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » How long befotre Dem candidates start digging up dirt to use against one another? Will the Dem debates be as vicious as the GOP were?

How long befotre Dem candidates start digging up dirt to use against one another? Will the Dem debates be as vicious as the GOP were?

Will a monstrous Dem version of Dondonjohn appear and take over everything?

Posted - April 25, 2019

Responses

I think the objective this time is to be clear, calm and non-pugnacious.  And I think Trump is going to mirror that.  I don't think he is going to come out guns blazing this time either.  

But I don't think he has any game besides his usual NO COLLUSION, FBI MUST BE GUTTED AND REBUILT,  and that kind of Base nonsense to detract from the fact that he has NO PLAN GOING INTO his (GOD FORBID) 2nd Term.

But the Dems are on a Tightrope and they need a Biden to calm everyone on the other side down a bit.  Bernie will just piss them all off and make it worse. I just hope the "PROGRESSIVES" are visionaries enough to band behind this idea of mine.  They must serve  BIDEN and run next time against whomever comes up.  By that time, the TAINT of TRUMP and his power to reign supreme will be stifled enough where we can relax and maybe secure what we plant with Biden in his role as Pres.
      April 25, 2019 12:11 PM MDT

Biden has so much baggage Sharon. He screwed Anita Hill by not allowing other witnesses to testify on her behalf. That's just one thing but it is a very big thing to me. He dismissed her. Because she was a woman? An African American woman? I don't care. It could have gone the right way if he only allowed the testifying. But he didn't. He shut her down. He shut her up. He doomed her. Thank you for your reply. If he is the Dem candidate I'll vote for him with a very heavy heart. I'd like a better option. :).
      April 26, 2019 12:20 PM MDT

As long as the dirt is factual and relevant ... I have no problem with "mud slinging" in political campaigns.
    In fact, I think it's a good thing.
    Get all the skeletons out of the closet, before the primary.
      April 25, 2019 12:56 PM MDT

TRUTH is always relevant Walt. Lying isn't. I don't consider it "mud slinging" if everything that's said is TRUE. People know what they did. If they still want to run for public office then whatever comes out that is TRUE is on them.  But lies, half-truths, accusations, gossip, conspiracy theories and all the other wackaddodle things the nutjobs try to slide by is not OKAY. Thank you for your reply! :)
      April 26, 2019 12:45 PM MDT

I disagree.
    If the dirt is that the candidate is a cross-dressing drag queen, who does Karaoke every Saturday ... I don't see it as relevant.
    (I mean, unless the candidate has taken anti-LGBwhatever stance.)
      April 26, 2019 1:18 PM MDT

Democrats are capable and guilty of digging up dirt on each other as are the Republicans. And neither party would hesitate at eating their own if it meant getting into office and staying in office. Viciousness is found in both political parties, it's just that some politicians no longer bother to hide it. Some, in fact, embrace this viciousness as the new norm. Which makes them look stupid, sophomoric, and ill-equipped to hold office. :)
      April 25, 2019 2:33 PM MDT