Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Television and Movies » Name a movie you thought looked terrible but turned out to be great

Name a movie you thought looked terrible but turned out to be great

Were you able to blame the trailer on making it look bad, or is it just the type of film you really can’t condense into a two minute summary?

Posted - April 28, 2019

Responses

Groundhog Day.  Yes the trailer. 
      April 28, 2019 6:12 AM MDT

I totally agree, it doesn’t capture the movie at all
      April 29, 2019 12:17 AM MDT

• Clerks, I guess I thought it would be bad cos how could a movie in black and white about 2 guys who work at store be good. I liked it though. 
      April 28, 2019 6:29 AM MDT

I feel like we‘ve talked about the second one, and about pillow pants... That was you right?
      April 29, 2019 12:18 AM MDT

• Most likely, if we talked about the second movie, I definitely would have been talking about the ‘trolls’. That kid  is my favourite part of the movie lol. 

April 29, 2019 7:46 AM MDT

cant think of any
      April 29, 2019 5:33 PM MDT

"The Notebook"

-- got outvoted by friends on what movie we'd all go see
     -- didn't know that two of my favorite performers were in it - -  James Marsden and Gena Rowlands

-- the movie itself turned out better than I thought but, no surprise, I think Marsden and Rowlands were the best parts

:)

P.S. I never saw a trailer for the movie -- I don't like to know anything about a movie before I see it -- I just knew this one seemed like some romantic-type movie

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at March 18, 2020 5:49 PM MDT
      March 18, 2020 5:48 PM MDT