Active Now

CosmicWunderkind
DannyPetti
Discussion » Questions » Health and Wellness » did you hit a milestone tonight

did you hit a milestone tonight

i had my first drunk mental breakdown, my ripped out my nose ring and my nails are too long so I can't put it back In. I'm a mess 

Posted - April 28, 2019

Responses

• Maybe you should have some water and sleep. Might be easier in morning to put back in. 
      April 28, 2019 7:20 PM MDT

I had a friend of mine from 24 years ago reach out to me through my brother and sister-in-law. She didn't know that I was her friend's sister. Once she found out, they talked for hours about me. I started receiving text last night around 11 PM and ignored it. Well, this morning, it was on. 

Everyone started texting me to make me reach out to this person I knew many years ago. It made me mad because this person knew exactly how to reach me yet chose not to because they were friends with my ex first. I wound up talking to three people before I said I would reach out to this "old friend" before all of them would leave me alone. I'm still mad and just want to be left alone. I am a different person now. If you couldn't reach out then, why now? 
      April 28, 2019 8:12 PM MDT

If she reached out to you through your brother and his wife then I would conclude she must want to contact you.   Who knows but she has put aside old loyalties and having to take sides and she misses you and regrets the years of silence.  Is it really better or more attractive to be alone and angry than to have a friend?  Or a potential friend?   We are all imperfect people and we all make mistakes and have regrets many of which time or understanding or simply just a desire for friendship can erase.  We all change but yet we do remain the same person. 
      April 28, 2019 8:28 PM MDT

I agree. I did reach out and now, it's up to her. I am positive I'm on a path that only God knows where it takes me.
      April 28, 2019 8:33 PM MDT

But where do you think it might take you?  What is wrong with a little chatting on the net? 
      April 28, 2019 8:36 PM MDT

Nothing really. It just brings up old memories. I connected with her on facebook. I'm really incognito on there and only my son and brother and his wife know. By incognito I mean there are no pictures, no posts, no likes and under my grandmothers' middle name and maiden name.  I asked if she was friends with my ex and was told no. Well, I just saw that she is and I'm wondering why the fib. 
      April 29, 2019 4:04 PM MDT

When I met my husband he had been divorced from his ex for a few years. Bitter divorce at the time.  I met her in connection with the children and with her husband we had her over for holiday celebrations along with other people.  She is a very impressive business type of woman and very powerful in real estate and frankly I was jealous of the 20 years they had with each other. But after the birth of the first grandchild we began to get together in caring for him and eventually became quite friendly.  I think she likes that she can let her hair down with me and does not feel she has to maintain her status with me as she does in her business dealings.  She has become really one of my best friends though is still some wariness on both our parts.  My husband wonders about it and sometimes comes home and finds us on the floor doing exercises together.   But have been able to accept and see past the love they once shared and which I'm sure part of them still does though they have both moved on in life. 
      April 29, 2019 8:20 PM MDT

That sucks.  I wouldn't do that again if I were you.  But  when you are drunk, you have no choice.  Don't get drunk.  What can I say? 
      April 29, 2019 8:56 AM MDT

not yet
      April 29, 2019 5:27 PM MDT