Active Now

ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Health and Wellness » If sun can give you cancer and sunblock can give you cancer, what are the alternatives?

Responses

Go out at night.  Go in the sun carefully.  We need the sun.  It produces Vitamin D.  It is GOOD for us.  But, we need to use common sense.  If the sun is dangerous, stay out of it.  Go out early and go out late.  I have never used sun block one day in my life.

Not that it is a testament to anything, I just never saw the reason for it.  
      May 6, 2019 11:20 AM MDT

•   May 6, 2019 11:21 AM MDT

Keep covered up ,wear wide brimmed hats  and don't go out in the mid day sun ,also, don't buy or use cheap imported sunglasses and always sit in shaded areas.....:) 
    Keep well hydrated with water only...... and if it's that hot ,buy and use a Parasol :) 
      May 6, 2019 11:53 AM MDT

not to go outside
      May 6, 2019 5:59 PM MDT

• Everything can cause cancer.   It is especially true when our environment is so loaded with toxins we created.  Who knows how much of these cancer links are the result of cumulative effects of multiple agents having a synergistic effect?

The only option is moderation and weighing one risk over the other.  If you are going to Miami beach put on some sunscreen.  If you are walking the dog down the street for an hour take the sun.
      May 7, 2019 5:34 PM MDT