Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » Is any idea truly "new" anymore? What's the last genuinely fresh idea you heard?

Is any idea truly "new" anymore? What's the last genuinely fresh idea you heard?

Posted - May 6, 2019

Responses

I just did that gift thing.  It didn't work.  OF COURSE.

I spent about 20 minutes.

I put a comment on, I clicked on your pic and the comment erased.  Half the time I was trying the gift erased.

Now it is on there and it makes NO sense at all.  

It was supposed to have the comment WHERE IS MY CBD OIL THOUGH?

So, all you have is a half-a$$ed gift I spent a lot of money on that makes no sense.  
      May 6, 2019 12:58 PM MDT

How can we measure that?   How can you prove an original idea? 
      May 6, 2019 12:59 PM MDT

Umm.... either it's new or it's not? Maybe check the freshness date on the package. 
      May 7, 2019 11:38 AM MDT

To me, this little monologue from Laurie Anderson stays fresh, regardless of whenever/how many times I listen. (I'm unsure of when this video was recorded.) It's less than two minutes long.

Laurie is a god/goddess to me. She fascinates the hell out of me.

Her music - - - her stories - - - her thoughts - - fresh to me.

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at May 7, 2019 11:40 AM MDT
      May 6, 2019 1:33 PM MDT

Interesting. I guess the question is, did she? I'm not familiar with her. 
      May 7, 2019 11:41 AM MDT

I don't know if she did.
    :)
    Thanks for listening to it.

In this little monologue, I basically really like how the story quietly but quickly turns itself in new directions. And Laurie's voice -- both speaking and singing --  almost make me turn straight.

I always fail to adequately describe just exactly what I like about her - - one of those artist who is indescribable for me. But she writes all of her music and stories and performs them; a classically-trained violinist, too.
    Oh, I don't know.
    She grabs me every time.

This was the first thing I saw/heard of hers -- I believe it was the song and video that, so-called, "pet her on the map." I think it's regarded as her signature piece. If you have about seven or so minutes, this might interest you. Or drive you crazy.

"O Superman" 

May 7, 2019 12:39 PM MDT

There is nothing new under the sun.
      May 6, 2019 5:31 PM MDT

cant rernernber
      May 6, 2019 5:54 PM MDT