Discussion » Questions » Death and Dying » 8 injured in today's daily school shooting. Now it is in Denver. Colorado is a great place for your kid's education, ain't it?

8 injured in today's daily school shooting. Now it is in Denver. Colorado is a great place for your kid's education, ain't it?

Posted - May 8, 2019

Responses

This is a country-wide problem. It's happening all over the US. I don't think it's a reflection on Colorado, but more a sign of the times. 
      May 8, 2019 5:43 PM MDT

Columbine is in Colorado as well, and that one happened in 1999 when Bill Clinton was president, long before Trump came along.
      May 8, 2019 6:05 PM MDT

how about the punishment for the 2 shooters is that the victims friends and families will have to line up to slap him and her in the face.

May 8, 2019 7:56 PM MDT

The 2nd Amendment is an anachronism. The US has a well-equipped and easily mobilized military, no need for local militias anymore.

In Australia, we have sensible gun laws. No mass shootings in 23 years.
      May 8, 2019 8:39 PM MDT

True no more mass shootings other violent crime increased. 

Your assults (40%) and sexual assault (20%) are up as well. Think that has anything to do with disarming victims?

Homicide has decreased by nine percent since 1990 and armed robbery by one-third since 2001, but recorded assaults and sexual assaults have both increased steadily in the past 10 years by over 40 percent and 20 percent respectively. The rate of aggravated assault appears to have contributed to the marked rise in recorded assault, and for both assault and sexual assault the rate of increase was greater for children aged under 15 years, with increases almost double that of the older age group.

Notice the source in my link is the Australian government.

May 8, 2019 8:51 PM MDT

I am sure there were signs that the kids needed mental help. There is no law that would make it more illegal. They used handguns, it is already illegal for under 21 to purchase a handgun.

Aside from taking my gun and other law-abiding citizens' guns.
      May 8, 2019 8:48 PM MDT

Let's spare a thought for all the brave school children who have laid down their lives to protect your right to bear arms.
      May 8, 2019 9:07 PM MDT

They should have armed police or teachers at every school. 
    I pray for the kids. I am thinking of them and all kids and adults risking their lives in a "gun free zone" around this country.
    I am not the one already  bringing banning guns or new laws restricting legal law abiding citizens right to keep and bear arms. I do not want to be a sitting duck victim waiting to happen.
      May 8, 2019 9:16 PM MDT

dont sound like it
      May 9, 2019 4:56 PM MDT