Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Jobs » When you have to do a video chat for work, do you dress professionally from head to toe or just cover what the camera will?

When you have to do a video chat for work, do you dress professionally from head to toe or just cover what the camera will?

Posted - May 9, 2019

Responses

• this reminded me of that commercial where the guy is having a video interview and hes wearing a nice dress shirt and coat and then the chat ends and it pans out to him just wearing tighty whities 
      May 9, 2019 9:24 AM MDT

Yeah. I did something similar today. Not underwear, but I was sitting around eyeballing my clothes, lamenting that I actually had to get dressed today, and pondering how I could get away without having to actually dress for the meeting. I wore a normal shirt, but had pajama bottoms on. Still nailed it. 
      May 9, 2019 10:53 AM MDT

I'm not in a position where I have to do video chats from home, but if I was, I would dress the part - the whole part.
      May 9, 2019 10:51 AM MDT

ive never had to do that at work
      May 9, 2019 4:38 PM MDT

• Well, fortunately I don't have to do video chat for work so I get to do my documentation in my PJs while I drink my coffee in the morning. But if it helps, I only shave my legs below the knees when I'm wearing capris.
      May 9, 2019 7:08 PM MDT

Over at the Tilde Guild, we don't participate in anything fancy-pancy like video-chatting.  We're pretty much a secretive group, you see.

~

May 9, 2019 8:14 PM MDT