Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » If JESUS and the sb prez held rallies on the same night at the same time the sb prez audience would be larger. Tragic?

If JESUS and the sb prez held rallies on the same night at the same time the sb prez audience would be larger. Tragic?

If YOU a loyal sb prez BASE person had to choose. Assuming you believe in Jesus of course. You know that the sb prez would hate you for your disloyalty to him. Would you attend his rally or go to where Jesus was? You think I'm joking right? I an not joking. I seriously and truly believe you would abandon anyone at any time including your own family to service the sb prez. Those are the TRACKS you leave behind you.

Posted - May 11, 2019

Responses

Sai Baba and all the Avatars who walked the Earth these past several decades ARE Jesus and you are ABUNDANTLY CORRECT.  

Because?  They are virtually unseen by all but those with eyes that can SEE them.

They are invisible to the rest of the world.  

And Trump's rallies are swelling with the blind.  

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at May 11, 2019 12:01 PM MDT
      May 11, 2019 10:33 AM MDT

Well I'M certainly NOT thinking of Cary Grant; Grant had gray highlights in his hair----lol
      May 11, 2019 10:49 AM MDT

No, I never meant there would be any connection that would make you say "OH YEAH!"   I am amazed anyone even knows who he is any longer.  It was some thing that people tagged onto his name, due to some line he supposedly said in a movie.   That is why I begged your forgiveness after blurting that thought out.  I am still begging.  Forgive me for this.  
      May 11, 2019 10:52 AM MDT

Oh, no apologies necessary.  I enjoy your posts as well, and I don't take myself too seriously.

CS Lewis one opined that "when we say something in order to produce edifying conclusions, we offer to the God of all Truth the unclean sacrifice of a lie."

I adopted that philosophy---If what I say helps anybody, use it; if it doesn't, please ignore it.

And he looks pretty good considering he died in 1918. This post was edited by tom jackson at May 11, 2019 10:58 AM MDT
      May 11, 2019 10:58 AM MDT

Trump would advertise "MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN" Jesus  would advertise "I CAN SAVE YOUR SOUL" But Jesus would be too late because Trump has already eaten the souls of all his supporters. This post was edited by Kittigate at May 11, 2019 4:14 PM MDT
      May 11, 2019 10:45 AM MDT

"Eating souls" is something the demons in The Screwtape Letters by CS Lewis are described as wanting to do.
      May 11, 2019 10:50 AM MDT

Trump does not want to he already did..

Jesus would probably only get a gaggle of raggy wnos  hoping He might turn some water into wine again. This post was edited by Kittigate at May 11, 2019 11:03 AM MDT
      May 11, 2019 10:55 AM MDT

Tom.  There was an era in the 60's where souls and their eating was a big horror deal.  I think it kind of brought horror fantasy to life.  Before, there was simply eating bodies or slaughtering them.  Now it is eating souls.  Much more insidious.  

May 11, 2019 10:56 AM MDT

The first publication of The Screwtape Letters was in 1942.  I read it in 1363---the year Lewis died and I graduated from high school.  (I am convince the co-occurrence was entirely coincidental in both directions.)

And I was an altar boy when I was in elementary school.  I got to a level where I had my choice of roles in church services, and I choose "Master of Ceremonies" whenever I could so that I could stay off the altar and back in the sacristy rather than kneeling at the altar all the time.

Over a year or so, I read the "Rite of Exorcism" while waiting to go back out front---I wouldn't recommend that information for anyone that age.  I never did like "horror" films and that sealed my dislike of them forever. This post was edited by tom jackson at May 11, 2019 11:50 PM MDT
      May 11, 2019 11:04 AM MDT

Oh yeah.  Here I go again.  I was just musing about how the 60's started to produce much of C.S. Lewis' ideas on screen.  That's all.  I know about C.S. and his relationship with Tolkien.  They were in some club together where they had meetings of the minds.  I think it was C.S.,  among others. But I know it was that era.  We were not ready for C.S. as a nation until they homogenized his works for prime time and commercials.  
      May 11, 2019 11:07 AM MDT

I just expanded on my previous comment before you posted your comment
      May 11, 2019 11:10 AM MDT

Ok.  I was looking for a watered-down, homogenized version of C.S. Lewis at his most bland.

https://www.tvguide.com/celebrities/cs-lewis/credits/225404
      May 11, 2019 11:11 AM MDT

Someday you will be old enough to start reading fairy tales again.” ― C.S. Lewis

Trust me, the Chronicles of Narnia is an excellent read.  I didn't read them until I was an adult. 
      May 11, 2019 11:16 AM MDT

OH MY GODDDDDDDDD.

That was the most terrifying idea to me when I was that tender age you were.  POSSESSION.  And reading actual details had to chill your heart and damage your internal psyche for all time.  OH MAN.

You were not equipped with tools to handle that information, I KNOW I WAS NOT.  But I got some of it anyway, and being the brave soul that I am, I just had to face the truth no matter how horrific it was.

I never embraced the devil. EVER.  I hated evil.  I hated it so much that I knew God would protect me.  I used GOD as a shield and faced the devil because I knew he was lurking inside my denial of his existence.  It was all I knew how to do.  I got an Ouija board and tried to contact the other side when I was about 10.  TEN!!!!!  My parents and everyone around me thought it was a silly toy.  I KNEW.  I KNEW IT WAS NOT. And I had to throw it in the garbage.  I knew I had no business having that thing in my possession.  Even at that tender age.  It was like giving a kid a gun.  Dangerous.  Opened up doors I should not have ever gone through.  And GOD was there and GOD always saved me.  Now I know better than to court any evil, even if it is just to face it down, because I found out, evil is very strong and I don't need to prove anything to me any more.  
      May 11, 2019 11:18 AM MDT

No book is really worth reading at the age of ten which is not equally – and often far more – worth reading at the age of fifty and beyond.
    ― C.S. Lewis”

"There are two equal and opposite errors into which our race can fall about the devils. One is to disbelieve in their existence. The other is to believe, and to feel an excessive and unhealthy interest in them. They themselves are equally pleased by both errors and hail a materialist or a magician with the same delight."

C. S. Lewis

May 11, 2019 11:22 AM MDT

Right you are m'dear Kg! James Comey told us that! I have no doubt it's true. Thank you for your reply and Happy Saturday to thee!  )
      May 11, 2019 11:35 AM MDT

Ya then the next day Trump would go on twitter and brag how much bigger his rally was he might even start a rumor that Jesus was born in Africa not Nazareth. Cheers and happy weekend!
      May 11, 2019 10:59 AM MDT

How DARE you blaspheme when you know darned well Jesus was born in Ukraine.  

Hail Putin.  
      May 11, 2019 11:20 AM MDT

Ya but if Jesus was born in the Ukraine it would mean that the story about him feeding a multitude with a couple of fish is fake news - if Jesus was born in the Ukraine he would of of had to feed the multitudes with a couple of cabbage rolls. I'm part Ukrainian and I wouldn't hail Putin if my life depended on it. Cheers and happy weekend!  
      May 11, 2019 11:42 AM MDT

:):):)
      May 12, 2019 9:34 AM MDT

Indeed. He would attack in every which way he could to  knock Jesus down. While also saying simultaneously that THE BIBLE is his favorite book and that his faith in GOD is what carried him through the Mueller Investigation. He lies all the time to everyone. It matters not to whom. Thank you for your reply Nanoose and Happy Saturday!  :)
      May 11, 2019 11:37 AM MDT

Wouldn't it be great if Trump decided he should undergo crucifixion and then rise again himself?....
      May 11, 2019 11:11 AM MDT

I'm pretty sure that is what Adolph Hitler did.  Offed himself and rose as Trump.  
      May 11, 2019 11:21 AM MDT

Scary thought---my answer was based on the conviction that only God could rise from the dead.

(I'm signing off till later.)

Regards...
      May 11, 2019 11:25 AM MDT