Active Now

Echooos
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » The only Red Sox members who showed up at the White House were white guys. Are you angry at those who didn't show up or those who did? Why?

The only Red Sox members who showed up at the White House were white guys. Are you angry at those who didn't show up or those who did? Why?

Posted - May 14, 2019

Responses

People have the freedom to do what they want.  Just because a particular thing has become a custom doesn't mean we are obliged to abide by it.  If people don't want to go to the White House why should they bother?   If I were invited I doubt very much I would go and I voted for him. Just not anything I would care to do. 
      May 14, 2019 6:43 AM MDT

Good answer and spot on. :)
      May 14, 2019 7:26 AM MDT

Maybe they didn't go because they had gone to the official White house website and saw - The White house is proud to welcome the Red Socks so they thought it was an invitation for a different team. You would think an important website would take the time to do a bit of spell checking. Cheers!
      May 14, 2019 9:08 AM MDT

I had not heard about that Nanoose. They didn't even spell the Red Sox correctly? Well we all know they are dumb as mud in the White House including the dumbest dumbbell there...the sb  prez. Stupid dumb. I think it was more than that for those who didn't show up. It think it was all about morality and integrity and character. They could forgive a dumb speller.  But a dumb racist? Not at all. Thank you for your rely Nanoose! :)
      May 14, 2019 9:12 AM MDT

Ya I know it was more then a spelling mistake that kept them away. I'm not angry at those who didn't show up or those who did but it makes me wonder how they can play as a team when there so divided. Not sure if you heard this one but Trump has been taking credit for their wins saying he is like a good luck charm.  Cheers!
      May 14, 2019 9:29 AM MDT

Yes I did. I asked a question about it in fact Nanoose. I support those stayed away. I am an ARMENIAN AMERICAN, first generation, and I think of myself as a person of color. I would not show up in any case whatever my color. Not to that witless ditzy White House. Thank you for your reply!  :) This post was edited by RosieG at May 15, 2019 8:34 AM MDT
      May 14, 2019 9:36 AM MDT

I hold no ill feeling towards those who went or those who didn't.  I think we should all follow what our hearts tell us is the right thing to do.
      May 15, 2019 8:35 AM MDT