Discussion » Questions » Music » Which good song/album have you recently discovered ?

Which good song/album have you recently discovered ?

Me this: 

by A.G. ... a new york rapper.

Posted - May 18, 2019

Responses

•  Just discovered this band a couple days  ago. I’m addicted to this song atm. 
      May 18, 2019 6:43 PM MDT

Very nice! I liked that a lot!

But --  as far as the video itself - - as a gay man, I plead "unfair" - - watch that entire video again - - the only two people's faces we see close up and in focus are the two women. Other than a brief glimpse of the ukulele/small guitar player before the music starts, we never see closeup and/or in-focus images of the FIVE other people in this band, all guys. "Boo!" on this music video director.
    Ha!
    :)
      May 18, 2019 7:13 PM MDT

• Haha, check this one’s by the same band. Even set aside  the obvious male eyecandy, this is one of the most visually interesting videos I’ve seem in a long time. 

May 18, 2019 7:37 PM MDT

• https://youtu.be/87PZgweY-gY

have to use a hyperlink, other isn’t working. 
      May 18, 2019 7:39 PM MDT

Agreed about the visual interesting video! I really like the song, too! I hadn't heard it before.

Yes, there's not a single bad-looking guy in the entire video! And please introduce me to the guy stuck in the wall!!
    ;)
    at the 1:32 - 1:35 mark (and he appears again a couple more times)

or the guy sitting in the laundromat, wearing glasses - - the 2:16 - 2:18 mark

Ha!
      May 19, 2019 7:12 PM MDT

Nothing for a long long time.
      May 18, 2019 6:43 PM MDT

Just last night I heard this song by Dario G for the first time -- "Sunchyme." I still consider the song a new discovery for me, even though it does use, extensively, the chorus from The Dream Academy's "Life in a Northern Town," a song I really like.

May 18, 2019 7:15 PM MDT

THIS IS SO COOL WELBY I LOVE THIS.  The makeup alone took hours and hours.  WOW.  African music like this is my very favorite music.  And the story is so wonderful.  THANK YOU FOR FINDING THIS.   This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at October 2, 2019 7:02 AM MDT
      October 1, 2019 9:12 PM MDT

You're more than welcome, Sharonna!
    I heard this song at a dance concert this past May and the next day posted this video.
    I really liked the dance the dancers did to this song at that concert, too.

Yeah, this video is amazing! Everything about it strengthens the excitement of the song itself for me. Yeah, the costumes, makeup, the quick editing -- the cast and their performances - it all works so well together!

I'm really glad you liked it so much and thanks for letting me know that you liked it!
      October 2, 2019 7:08 AM MDT

Concerto for Two Pianos by Francis Poulenc.  Or perhaps it is piano four hands. 
      May 18, 2019 7:59 PM MDT

none, i dont listen to rnusic rnuch
      May 19, 2019 2:48 PM MDT

October 1, 2019 9:03 PM MDT

I saw the Ramones live when they just got famous. When they all were alive.   No idea who Full Blown Cherry is.  Are they good? 
      October 1, 2019 9:11 PM MDT

The rockabilly trio Full Blown Cherry began as a surf band. They started dabbling in rockabilly as a side project, and now the band has grown into one of the most exciting and strongest acts on the Philadelphia music scene. With their rootsy sound, reminiscent of early Memphis, Sun Recording’s, the band captures that moment in time when rock n’ roll was pure and fresh. Listening to Full Blown Cherry with your eyes closed makes you think that it’s 1956 and that Carl Perkins, Eddie Cochran, or Gene Vincent––major influences on the band––is playing on your Hi-fi stereo. During live shows, their fiery stage presence and antics often leave the crowd stirred up like a dirty martini and yelling for more. Steve Del Roy fronts the band. The velvety crooner behind the microphone is also a blazing guitar player. He is backed by Cory "Mick" McGrath, the doghouse slap-bass player who can often be seen jumping on top of his double bass for a solo. Sitting behind the skins, with his sizzling swing and rhythmic train beats, is drummer Halsey B. Gone. Together this slick trio, in their sharp vintage suits, mesmerize crowds wherever they go. Since their formation in the summer of ’97, the band has shared the stage with national and international rockabilly acts such as Kim Lenz and her Jaguars (from Nashville), Sleepy Labeef (Sun Label Recording Artist), The Rockats (England), Charlie Gracie (Philadelphia) and Wayne “The Train” Hancock (Texas). Recently, they have been mentioned in an article in the Philadelphia Inquirer for their work, as the back-up band, with local rock n’ roll legend, Charlie Gracie. Plus, they receive frequent airplay on New Jersey’s Roots-Rockabilly Roadhouse show on WVLT 92.1 

October 1, 2019 10:10 PM MDT

October 1, 2019 9:10 PM MDT

October 1, 2019 9:20 PM MDT

Just love her.

October 1, 2019 9:21 PM MDT

October 1, 2019 9:23 PM MDT