Active Now

Chief Ten Beers
Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » Have you ever had a friendship that started off with you hating/disagreeing strongly?

Have you ever had a friendship that started off with you hating/disagreeing strongly?

Posted - May 26, 2019

Responses

Yes.  You can see it on here every morning.  It has been going on for a dozen years now.  

LOLOLOL

Yes.  I have had many, many friends that started out hating me or vice-versa.  I just think that is part of my life.  I am a Tasmanian Devil reincarnated.  I had an Italian family and everyone fought and argued to the death.  

We had a sort of passion, I guess.  

asmanian devil - Wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tasmanian_devil
    Overview

The Tasmanian devil (Sarcophilus harrisii) is a carnivorous marsupial of the family Dasyuridae. It was once native to mainland Australia and is now found in the wild only on the island state of Tasmania, including tiny east-coast Maria Island where there is a conservation project with disease-free animals.
    The size of a small dog, the Tasmanian devil became the largest carnivorous marsupial in the world following the extinction of the thylacine in 1936. It is related to quolls and distantly related to the thylacine. It is characterised by its stocky and muscular build, black fur, pungent odour, extremely loud and disturbing screech, keen sense of smell, and ferocity when feeding. The Tasmanian devil's large head and neck allow it to generate among the strongest bites per unit body mass of any extant mammal land predator, and it hunts prey and scavenges carrion as well as eating household products if humans are living nearby.
    Although it is usually solitary, it sometimes eats with other devils and defecates in a communal location. Unlike most other dasyurids, the devil thermoregulates effectively and is active during the middle of the day without overheating. Despite its rotund appearance, the devil is capable of surprising speed and endurance, and can climb trees and swim across rivers.
    It is believed that ancient marsupials migrated from what is now South America to Australia tens of millions of years ago during the time of Gondwana, and that they evolved as Australia became more arid. Fossils of species similar to modern devils have been found, but it is not known whether they were ancestors of the contemporary species, or whether the current devils co-existed with these species. The date that the Tasmanian devil became locally extinct from the Australian mainland is unclear; most evidence suggests they had contracted to three relict populations around 3000 years ago. A tooth found in Augusta, Western Australiahas been dated to 430 years ago, but archaeologist Oliver Brown disputes

This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at May 26, 2019 9:13 AM MDT
      May 26, 2019 9:11 AM MDT

Passion is good... and Tasmanian devils are good.. so all good as far as I can see :)
      May 26, 2019 9:13 AM MDT

Zzzzzzzzzzz stay on topic zzzzzzzzzzz don't go off on tangents zzzzzzzzzzz stick to the conversation at hand zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz you're losing people, FAST zzzzzzzzzzzz must keep from drooling zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz please give me some toothpicks to help keep my eyelids open zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz nature class is in the room down the hall. zzzzz
    ~
      May 27, 2019 6:01 PM MDT

You've been talking with Jayne S/JJJane about me, haven't you?

~
      May 26, 2019 12:00 PM MDT

What does Jayne S/lllane mean anyway? 
      May 26, 2019 12:02 PM MDT

Read it again; you got the letters wrong.
    ___
      May 26, 2019 12:08 PM MDT

I can't see what you are saying.  Just tell me.  Please.  I cannot see the letters they are all jammed together like a bunch of LLLLL's.  
      May 26, 2019 12:59 PM MDT

AnswerMug member Jane S often alters her screen name; it has been JaneS, Jayne S, JJJane S, etc.  She and I have long-running banter about my infatuation for her and her resulting aversion to me,  the recurring restraining orders she files against me, and my vain efforts to circumvent those orders.
    ~

May 26, 2019 6:46 PM MDT