Active Now

Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Jobs » Have you ever had an employer forget you work for them? How did it happen?

Have you ever had an employer forget you work for them? How did it happen?

I've worked for one company remotely for about seven years. I pull all my tasks from an automated system, submit them, submit my hours, and cash my check. My contact with live people at the business is limited. I once went more than two years without talking to a live human there. As a result, I'm unintentionally excluded from all discussions. They sometimes forget I'm on staff and have hired new people to cover new projects, only realizing later that they should have just forwarded them to me. 

An engineer friend of mine said he dealt with something similar, but works for a large corporation. Due to management shifts, he didn't have a direct supervisor, so there was nobody to assign him work. He went more than a month having no work to do at all. He went into the office and played games all day. 

Posted - May 29, 2019

Responses

Yes and No.
    Yes.  When I was needed as a friend, she pulled the, stay late and do the work because you are my friend and this is important to me and you, of course, because we are friends and important to each other and my world is important to you because we are true friends, .... rule.
    And No when you are my worst employee because you used our friendship as a tool and took a day off that I scheduled you for that you did not see because you didn't know how to work your phone and I texted you the schedule, knowing you didn't know how to work your phone that you were to work the day after Christmas when I know as an employer and as a friend your dad has Parkinsons disease and you would Never be able to make this shift because you were up North helping and taking care of your dad, employer.
    Yes and And No. 
    Quite a touchy situation. This post was edited by Merlin at June 3, 2019 6:33 AM MDT
      May 29, 2019 3:13 PM MDT

no, ive never had a job like that
      May 29, 2019 3:38 PM MDT

Yes, who I live and work for often forgets I still work there as well...  :)
      May 29, 2019 3:49 PM MDT

Nope. In your scenario, do you lose out on salary when projects don’t get assigned to you?
    ~
      June 3, 2019 6:34 AM MDT