Active Now

Randy D
Danilo_G
Element 99
Malizz
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Fashion » Girls: Have you ever, or would you ever, put on a ridiculously restrictive dress for a formal function?

Girls: Have you ever, or would you ever, put on a ridiculously restrictive dress for a formal function?

The following googled picture of Kim Kardashian at a red carpet function has an interesting caption.

Kim Kardashian's Met Gala Dress Was So Tight She Couldn't Pee ...

Here's the link.

https://m.huffingtonpost.in/entry/kim-kardashian-met-gala-dress-mugler_l_5cd2d9e0e4b0e524a47dceb9

Posted - June 5, 2019

Responses

This is a moron.

And she is followed by thousands of wanna-be morons.  I had a girl in the spa as a client come in dressed in pants that looked just like that.  Idiotic looking.  Clowinish and whorish at the same time.  And they wonder why men deman women when women walk around demeaning themselves.  HEY  men.  I'm in heat.  Look at my baboon ass sticking up for you to desire and hump.
      June 5, 2019 1:52 PM MDT

We have a word in England for such things...it's called a Skank ........:( 
      June 5, 2019 2:20 PM MDT

• The dress, or the person wearing it? 
      June 5, 2019 2:34 PM MDT

Both  ,the dress is pure skanky as is the person that chooses to wear it...What on earth does she think she is :(
      June 5, 2019 4:32 PM MDT

Hey...something in common. We use the same word.
      June 5, 2019 3:29 PM MDT

Only when applicable ..:) 
      June 5, 2019 4:33 PM MDT

Generally ,I wear what I like when I like....I dress for myself and partner....no one else....:)
      June 5, 2019 2:15 PM MDT

• i like Kim's figure but this dress is sooooo unflattering.  the color matches her skin so much that the seam looks like her buttcrack. yikes 
      June 5, 2019 2:19 PM MDT

• however that's her 2019 met gala dress  and the theme this year was Camp, which is kind of supposed to be over the top and unnatural 
      June 5, 2019 2:23 PM MDT

• Yes, I noticed that too. 
      June 5, 2019 3:37 PM MDT

hahahahahahaha

Atomic Wedgie

June 5, 2019 3:12 PM MDT

Does does my arse look big in this........(((((( HELL YES )))))).     she has elephant'tight'arse...   :) 
      June 5, 2019 4:37 PM MDT

I would not, but if you think of how many women over the years have worn corsets, girdles and what they now call 'shapewear', I would say that KKW is not the first woman to have to wear something so restrictive.
      June 5, 2019 3:15 PM MDT

The Met Gala is not just a party.  It's the annual formal bash for the costume wing of the Metropolitan Museum of Art.  Comments here indicate that most don't know that.   Celebrities are invited in a few different ways but if you are invited by a designer you must wear something of theirs.  Invitees dress in costume, in a theme.  So, don't think of this as just another red carpet dress.  Now I cannot tell you the whys of Kim's dress, but there is a story there.  Same for everyone, particularly the women.

Note:  If you even looked at the article that Neelie referenced you would know this dress is a costume for wet.  It even has raindrops.  That's campy. This post was edited by Thriftymaid at June 5, 2019 7:53 PM MDT
      June 5, 2019 7:46 PM MDT

Nope.
    Victorian women frequently fainted from lack of breath when wearing tight corsets.

Feminists fought to earn the right for women to wear sensible, safe and comfortable clothing.
    There's no way I'd give up that right.
    If a man can't enjoy a woman the way she is naturally, then he's not worth having as a lover or husband - (and vice versa).
      June 5, 2019 8:05 PM MDT

No when I dress appropriately I always think of comfort as well.  Because whatever I wear I have to be myself.  The girl in that photo has only made herself ugly and I cannot understand why.  Some of the things my mother got me into when I was a subteen were restrictive enough but were at least tasteful.  Perhaps I should say I wear my clothing and it does not wear me.  I dress simply and conservatively and I cover up. 
      June 6, 2019 8:25 PM MDT