Active Now

CosmicWunderkind
Danilo_G
my2cents
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Home and Garden » What is the biggest piece of work you have ever done for yourself?

What is the biggest piece of work you have ever done for yourself?

Or your family or friends...

Build a  house.. do a renovation.. start a garden.. a business..

Posted - June 7, 2019

Responses

It's ongoing.  I consider my whole life a piece of work and I have had many accomplishments.  I have no idea what is the biggest.  ???

Really???

I mean how about the birth of my daughter or the 3 degrees I earned or the jobs I have worked.  How do you compare that stuff?  Apples and oranges.  I am not good at interview questions.  I hate them.  Sorry.  
      June 7, 2019 1:53 AM MDT

You could take a time out and build yourself a boat if there is any water somewhere in Arizona. 
      June 7, 2019 2:05 AM MDT

There is Lake Pleasant.  

What has that to do with the price of corn? 
      June 7, 2019 2:15 AM MDT

My dad has his own building firm and from a very young age I would go to work with him when ever I could....

I use his workshop to make alsorts wooden things ....:)
      June 7, 2019 3:34 AM MDT

• I helped a friend restore a 32 sailboat. Then he asked me to cruise to Baja with him - That's when the real work started.
      June 7, 2019 6:30 AM MDT

Once I grew 80 pot plants in the bush on Crown land - normally I only grew 20 plants so taking care of 80 was a real challenge.  There was a 2 mile hike up hill to get to the spot and packing all the water there was back breaking - I had calf's and arms like Popeye by harvest time. Cheers and happy weekend!
      June 7, 2019 9:40 AM MDT

I have helped build many houses but not for myself.  I'm hoping to be doing that in the very near future! :)
    I have had and still do have many gardens.  Some flower and rose gardens and some vegetable.
    I wrangled and took care of fields of hay, barns, horses, and cows on 2500 acres in Boulder.  That was good for my soul. I think that qualifies as for myself.
    :) :)
    I have taken care of Don and that is an ever-challenging and fullfilling life investment.  I did that for myself and him.
    I have built a bridge in our yard.
    I have helped re-build an engine for a Susuki Samari.
    I give to many charaties that help the animals and people thoughout the world.  

This post was edited by Merlin at June 7, 2019 7:39 PM MDT
      June 7, 2019 9:49 AM MDT

Very  good! 
      June 7, 2019 9:57 AM MDT

Happy! Happy!
    You just made my day!!
    Probably my whole weekend!!
    I'm beaming!!  Thank You!!

June 7, 2019 10:09 AM MDT

You are quite welcome. 
      June 7, 2019 10:17 AM MDT

A business: I used to collect old videogames and was doing a business of selling some on Ebay and making profits from it. Now for certain reasons, I got rid of my entire collection so this business doesnt happen anymore...

Artworks: I was quite good doing artworks on my computer. Arts , and sometimes arts for a business. a banner, a logo, an avatar, etc. 
      June 7, 2019 10:37 AM MDT

I re-roofed my whole house by myself. (My wife helped some and there's still a small spot that hasn't been done.  But what I said is 99% true.)
      June 7, 2019 7:42 PM MDT

30x45 basement home.
    Next was a bathroom remodel.
    And our business of course.  This post was edited by my2cents at June 8, 2019 8:49 AM MDT
      June 7, 2019 8:00 PM MDT