Discussion » Questions » Science and Technology » If we could design spacecrafts to traverse the universe,navigate safely to far off distant planets and be able to return home in days .

If we could design spacecrafts to traverse the universe,navigate safely to far off distant planets and be able to return home in days .

If we came across different worlds simular to our own with the minerials ,fuels and water with its own primitive life forms evolving on them, would we just take what we wanted with no care about the life forms developing on that planet....
Would we rape other worlds like the more developed nations did on earth and just take what they wanted....
Would it be more the case if we found other world that we could inhabit ? 

Posted - June 8, 2019

Responses

Probably.
      June 8, 2019 7:03 AM MDT

The nature of mankind is to be preditory to accumulate more than basic needs when opportunity arises. Perhaps some kind of guidelines should be established for 'hunting expeditions' on the other planets. 
      June 8, 2019 7:07 AM MDT

I would present the examples of North and South America since the 15th century as what could happen. The movie “Avatar” is a fun illustration,too. Humans as invasive species. 

Colonization and the construction of fortifications to keep locals at bay, systematic oppression/eradication of those locals and their cultures, enforced imposition of religion, spread of non-native diseases, broken and one-sided treaties, naked theft of available resources -at gunpoint. Death, lots of death. 
      June 8, 2019 7:27 AM MDT

I believe that 100% ....Why pay for things you can just take by force if who you want it from is not as well armed and less further advanced in Everloution then you..

There is that as well of the viruses and germs we humans carry and what they might carry to.....we might just get more than we bargained for health wise and most likely no medicines we have and use will effect them...
    If that was the case the human invaders would just be abandoned....
      June 8, 2019 9:29 AM MDT

Yes but hopefully not.  Let's not take out problems to another innocent planet.  We've screwed this one up.  Let's not try but DO fix it first.
    Then, we might be able to be allowed to venture into the unknown and onto other planets. 
    Heck, we can't even get along with each other here.  We have polluted our orbit with space junk already.  
    I really don't wish that on this planet and certainly am not comfortable taking to another.
    Yes.  There are many planets out there that we may be able to survive on with a few minor adjustments, like gravity pull, type of water, etc.
    I love Anienct Aliens.  If you have an opportunity, I highly reccommend watching it every now and again.  You don't have to agree with it but it is always worth a look. 
    :) :):)
      June 8, 2019 9:18 AM MDT

I watch that program and many like it often....everything like that fascinates me....Have you heard of Kate Hamble....What an amazing life she must have ,she's the female double of Sir David Attenborough.....He's most likely the greatest man that's ever lived......
    It guys and gals like them that should be our leaders....No need for wars and we do our best to share the worlds resorces and to peep our lands ,air and more important to keep our oceans man made pollution free...

All devoloped  countries will soon have and aged population....there is not enough babies being born to care for the old...
    China is going to be well screwed soon....Their one baby policy has bit them in their arse...:(
      June 8, 2019 10:10 AM MDT

Indeed. Last article I saw estimated there are 30 million more men than women in China, because of the “one child” policy. No counting how many Chinese couples actually aborted girl babies to insure their one child would be male.
    Not a recipe for prosperity. This post was edited by Don Barzini at June 8, 2019 5:07 PM MDT
      June 8, 2019 4:52 PM MDT

Man cannot,should not mess with Mother Nature....it's the most fool Hardy thing you can think of todo...:(  
      June 8, 2019 5:09 PM MDT