Discussion » Questions » Communication » What are some common misconceptions about having a Common Misconception Corner on here?

What are some common misconceptions about having a Common Misconception Corner on here?

We can make it in honor of Randy D~ who managed to find a topic he can beat to death that is broad enough not to irritate the bejeezus out of me.

No tilde talk.  No sandwiches.  No Grammar.  Just misconceptions which can stretch on unendlessly.

And if it flies?  I won't take the glory.  This is all Randy's.  PROUD OF YA, RAND.

And everyone knows this club is my idea anyway.  

Posted - June 8, 2019

Responses

Perhaps that we often don't know it when we don't know a thing.

We think we know something from the limited perspective of our own experience, or from the social biases that surround us.
    But we rarely get a glimpse of all that is outside the range of our perceptions and tend to forget this most basic of facts of all life everywhere.
      June 8, 2019 4:38 PM MDT

I don't know what it is you are answering here.  LOL 
      June 9, 2019 11:01 PM MDT

I am going to ponder to say there may be some misguided misconceptions that if such a corner were to exist, it would hold no comments or references to tildes, sandwhiches, or grammar. 
    That it would be a corner of articulate literature composed only by the best of authors from all parts of the world.

On a guided thought, I have enjoyed these misconception questions, too. I'm not sure whose head construed the idea first, but I'm happy to give you both credit and there is no misconception with this thought. :) :)

June 9, 2019 12:27 AM MDT

Yeah, about the corner.  That's all true.  I didn't want to really do one anyway.  I'm too lazy and forgetful and would not tend to it at all.  

But I like those misconception things too.
      June 9, 2019 11:02 PM MDT

Thank you!  You know, for everything and then some!
    Happy Dance!!  
    :) :)
      June 10, 2019 11:35 AM MDT

What if you won a beauty contest for pregnant women and your title became, "Miss Conception?"
      June 9, 2019 7:02 PM MDT

Kill me now.  
      June 9, 2019 11:00 PM MDT