Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
my2cents
Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Politics » Why can only ONE person be the President? Why can't two people be president? Like say Elizabeth Warren/Bernie Sanders or Trump/Putin?

Why can only ONE person be the President? Why can't two people be president? Like say Elizabeth Warren/Bernie Sanders or Trump/Putin?

Posted - June 10, 2019

Responses

Because we learned very early ... like in pre-historic times ... that there can only be ONE person in charge.
    Sure, there might be something like 1 person in charge of military matters and 1 in charge of civil matters ... but there is still only 1 person in charge of the respective issue.
      June 10, 2019 8:27 AM MDT

That is a lame answer.  Why?  And no one says in charge of what.  They come to the table together and decide on all issues together.  

That's it.  There should be no discord.   I mean when does Trump ever go against Putin for instance?  

I know this is stupid.  But so is one President.  It's all very stupid.  
      June 10, 2019 8:29 AM MDT

... because "come to the table together and decide on all issues together" works so well in Congress, right?

What do you do when the 2 Presidents can't agree?
    If you give someone the power of tie-breaker ... why have 2 Presidents?
    Do you just flip a coin?  
      June 10, 2019 8:37 AM MDT

Well, look how long it takes Congress to decide with two houses.   That takes longer than two people any day.  And if they can't agree the Congress can choose who to follow.  (this is totally stupid, I know)
      June 10, 2019 8:39 AM MDT

Because 2 of the same would be double trouble.
      June 10, 2019 9:45 AM MDT