Active Now

Element 99
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » answerMug Members » Have you ever purposely asked a question here that you knew would get no answers?

Have you ever purposely asked a question here that you knew would get no answers?

This one might be a good candidate.

Posted - June 10, 2019

Responses

• I'm surprised any of my questions get any answers. I amuse myself, at best. 
      June 10, 2019 2:24 PM MDT

They're not as stupid as mine. It takes years of practice.
      June 10, 2019 2:29 PM MDT

• Then I shall strive to achieve that level of mastery. 
      June 10, 2019 2:36 PM MDT

No. I don't see the point - unless it would be for appearances of some sort - which would be a bit crazy.

If I don't get answers it's because I fail to correctly gauge the atmosphere, the needs of the people who choose to come here.
    And I do fail often enough. I've removed my questions that got no answers - and felt somewhat discouraged from asking.

I suffer on a predominantly American site, I think, from not being an American.
    It's just impossible for me to see things from the same point of view - even though I listen as hard as I can, and do my best to try to understand. I remain the perpetual outsider.

I think if it were an English site, I'd feel much more comfortable, be far more embraced and welcomed. I was born in England, did my undergraduate years there, still have English friends, love English novels, cultures, intellectuals - most things English except the weather and football. But my family were Australian, so it was here to the sunny skies and warmth that I returned - mired in a world of Strine. This is the perpetual problem of the dual citizen who straddles two or more worlds, unable to stand solidly in only one.

I'm sure English social sites must exist, but none of my searches to find one has succeeded.
    I imagine this is because my search engine, Google, is designed to prioritise American culture and commerce with an infinite feedback loop. I don't have sufficient geek skills to find my way.
    Don't get me wrong.
    I like answerMug - a lot - wouldn't keep returning if I didn't. It's amazing and mesmerizing to get glimpses into America below the surfaces of news media, television and films. I find it helps me better understand America's influence on the rest of the world.

I just don't like the feeling of being a misfit.
    It's not a simple matter because really I'm a misfit in most places, except among fellow writers.
      June 10, 2019 3:22 PM MDT

Hi bookworm~ I certainly do not want to see you go nor spend any amount of time away from us at answerMug.  I think you are a great asset and like to read your answers very much.
    I also am a sucker for people in need of something I might be able to help them with.
    I also have google as my search drive but I tried to dig a bit deeper and found these.  I'm not sure if they will help but I'm hoping they will.  The one stipulation is you must stay here too!  I would miss you.
    https://www.google.com/search?ei=Xlr_XJ2POYfz-gSimq_wBg&q=United+Kingdom+social+media+sites&oq=United+Kingdom+social+media+sites&gs_l=psy-ab.3..0.41485.48114..52915...0.0..0.1599.15720.6-9j6j1......0....1..gws-wiz.......0i71j0i67j0i7i30.FTK-ScjLxlE 
      June 11, 2019 1:45 AM MDT

A thousand thanks - It is very, very nice to feel valued and appreciated.
    I may disappear when there are high demands (from real life, not social sites) on my time, but I promise to return like a boomerang.
      June 11, 2019 9:14 AM MDT

:) :)  You are more than welcome and boomerangs are Awesome!!!  I've never had the opportunity to throw one (not that I would like to throw you :)) but I would love to learn how.
    Big Winks and Smiles!

June 11, 2019 9:29 AM MDT

• Often
      June 10, 2019 5:30 PM MDT

I'm not giggling. I am flat out laughing. :D!

Those are the favorites to answer!!! This post was edited by Merlin at June 11, 2019 6:33 AM MDT
      June 11, 2019 1:57 AM MDT

If you know you aren't going to get an answer, chances are, we will answer... just to poke fun with you.  It's the nature of the beast.  
    ;) :)
      June 11, 2019 2:01 AM MDT

You figure it out, eh?
      June 11, 2019 5:33 AM MDT

I'm a slow learner on some topics... It has taken about 5 or so years but I think I've got the hang of it now!  Giggles! ;) :)
      June 11, 2019 9:32 AM MDT

Nope.

~

June 11, 2019 6:33 AM MDT

• i ask all my questions for myself so Idc if they get answers 
      June 11, 2019 9:45 AM MDT

The popularity of any one of my questions rests soley on how bored my audience is.  If there are many and they are bored enough, VOILA!  Success and luck 
      June 11, 2019 12:38 PM MDT

I work in the reverse. There are smart-as**s on this website. So, I choose another website to answer my more serious questions to avoid that little annoyance.
      June 11, 2019 12:40 PM MDT

Don't forget us dumbasses too
      June 11, 2019 12:41 PM MDT