Active Now

Spunky
Malizz
my2cents
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Computers and the Internet » Have you ever made a purchase frrom an internet advertizement?

Have you ever made a purchase frrom an internet advertizement?

Somebody must, otherwise Google would not make any money.

Posted - June 11, 2019

Responses

On principle, I don't respond to cookie ads.
    However, I do sometimes purchase things over the net that are not available locally.
    When the need arises I go trawling and researching till I'm satisfied that I've found the best pick. That will include avoiding companies with monopolistic practices, or who don't pay fair wages to workers, who produce poor quality products, or who have in the past not provided honest service.
      June 11, 2019 6:37 PM MDT

No. I don't but I know many who do.  I figure google already has enough money and I don't have enough. If I don't have it, I must not need it. 
      June 11, 2019 11:26 PM MDT

sure
    some have been regretful
    some have been great.
    My latest is that instant translator 
    of languages. Still trying to figure it out...haha
      June 13, 2019 6:45 AM MDT

I've bought on-line and have used the suppliers' web-sites if only for information, but these are by my choices; and such purchases are very few and far between. I won't buy on-line by habit.

I know what I want and who may stock it, I don't buy something merely because I saw an advertisement anywhere for it but might remember the advertiser if potentially useful.
      June 17, 2019 2:22 PM MDT