Active Now

Slartibartfast
Danilo_G
Malizz
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Food and Drink » Do you really, really, really like to eat, or is it just an annoying chore you must do to stay alive and not be hungry?

Do you really, really, really like to eat, or is it just an annoying chore you must do to stay alive and not be hungry?

Posted - June 13, 2019

Responses

It's a terribly annoying chore that I'll gladly skip whenever I can. This post was edited by Shuhak at June 13, 2019 11:17 PM MDT
      June 13, 2019 4:11 PM MDT

I usually only eat when I am hungry or I know my glucose has dropped below 50.
      June 13, 2019 5:08 PM MDT

• I like eating most of the time. It depends, though. I'm rarely hungry in the morning so eating a bowl of cereal or oatmeal in the morning is kind of a chore. Eating good food at a restaurant is enjoyable. 
      June 13, 2019 5:53 PM MDT

I love to eat;
    potatoes- prepared just about any way

biscuits and gravey - french fried and gravey - turkey and gravey
    creamed tuna on toast
    white meat turkey (with and without gravey)
    tuna sandwiches (the way I make them)
    popcorn
    ice creme - all kinds
    soup the way I make it
    hot sourdough bread homemade with real buttery butter maybe a side of salad
    pizza - most kinds
    cheesecake
    whipped cream
    cheese
    soft tacos
    rock cod (the real thing)
    ranch style dressing
    curley fries seasoned
    spaghetti - not all kinds however
    Everything else is a chore to eat. 

June 13, 2019 6:06 PM MDT

I like to eat good food.  I made potato/Polish sausage soup yesterday and just had a big bowl.  It was delish!
      June 13, 2019 6:13 PM MDT

Yes....I'm defiantly one of the Munch Bunch....  :) 
      June 13, 2019 6:14 PM MDT

Eating is one of the most important things animals do. We humans have the unique ability to choose how and what. Why not make it great?

Losers merely eat; winners dine.
    Fools neglect life’s simple pleasures; the wise celebrate them.
    Living well is the best revenge. 
      June 13, 2019 8:17 PM MDT

• The starving children of third world nations will come to appreciate your words of wisdom some day. 
      June 14, 2019 10:43 PM MDT

Early breakfast I enjoy because it is oatmeal with yogurt,  peanut butter,  stewed raising and prunes and blueberries and cherries and cinnamon to flavor.  Lunch and supper is a stir fry of some  kind of meat and veges with spices. I don't have so much appetite for lunch and supper. 
      June 13, 2019 11:23 PM MDT

I've never been much of an eater.  Yes.  I do find it a chore.
    On the flip side, I find nutrition an amazing study and am intrigued with the benefits or downfalls it has on our bodies.

But, all in all, my taste buds are not high priority on my 5 senses list.  

June 13, 2019 11:31 PM MDT

I love eating. I savour the flavours and textures, the feeling of nurturing good health.

On Mondays and Thursdays, I semi-fast (Dr Micheal Moseley's "2-5 Diet" for life) -
    Five hundred calories only, a green vegetable, a piece of fruit and two boiled eggs. 
    This diet shows me just how little is needed to eat healthily and well.
    Although I eat a wide range of foods, I have reduced the number of serves of starches to one or two per day, and rarely snack between meals unless having a very energy intensive day (weeding, gardening, riding or hiking).
    It keeps my appetite sharp - hunger magnifies the sensitivity of the taste buds and nose and massively enhances the pleasure in eating.

To me, it makes sense to create enjoyment in as many aspects of life as possible.
      June 13, 2019 11:42 PM MDT

If I am eating, I am happy.

Food is a joy.  People who cannot enjoy food either have a very rich and full life or have a very sick mind and body.  Meaning, you can live a happy and fulfilling life without thinking much about food, but usually those who cannot find the energy to enjoy a meal are ill in some way and food is a turn-off.  

I think the worst malady is an over-obsession with food.  That can be worse.  
      June 14, 2019 1:50 AM MDT

• i practice breatharianism
      June 14, 2019 10:53 PM MDT