Discussion » Questions » Jobs » have you done anything that could cost you your job but didnt

have you done anything that could cost you your job but didnt

some customer was complaining to me about a price increase. i told him i was sorry but i cant answer for corporate greed and gave him the number for our regional manager LOL 

Posted - June 14, 2019

Responses

Not really ,I live with who I work for and can't really get pun'ished for any of the cranky things I do ....doing so would be really fool Hardy as I do actually have a really long memory....:) D
      June 14, 2019 4:14 PM MDT

• Yes.

That's how I discovered my super powers.
      June 14, 2019 5:25 PM MDT

When I worked at an amusement park sometimes I would have to work at night after the park closed. Whenever I was sure no one was going to be around for a few hours me and the security guard would go to roller coaster and shut all the lights off then take turns riding the coaster in the dark (one guy would have to work the brake in the station). It was pretty thrilling but extremely ageist the rules and  one night we got caught by a boss and he fired us on the spot. Then he remembered that the Pacific National Exhibition was in a week and there was still a ton of work to do so he let us off with a warning that it better not happen again. Cheers and happy weekend! 
      June 14, 2019 8:01 PM MDT

• Now that's a happy ending.
      June 14, 2019 8:04 PM MDT

i worked for a company that overworked its employees and had little safety regulations, and after an employee injured himself trying to fix something one of the managers broke, I screamed in her face and stormed out. I could not control myself, and I was pretty sure I was fired, but I had some support and corroboration from the other employees so they didn’t do anything. It felt amazing and a friend of mine who worked there too had to review the security tape, and he said it was glorious.

Then later I got fired for being late. This post was edited by bigloseridiotman at June 14, 2019 11:02 PM MDT
      June 14, 2019 11:01 PM MDT

Every day I do something like that.  

Today I gave the bosses daughter a thc cookie with CBD oil on it.  That should get me canned.

Of course it didn't.  

I am supposed to wear a complete uniform and I run around barefoot through the halls.  That is a no no.

I do a lot of mischief.  I have to keep people awake and give them something to talk about.  
      June 14, 2019 11:06 PM MDT

We have probably all made personal calls on company phones, checked an ebay listing on a company computer, gone home with a pen behind our ear.  If a company wants to fire you, and you are in a state that requires "cause" they can probably find something.  Companies usually make an investment in an employee so they don't fire for the mentioned trivialities.  
      June 15, 2019 6:36 PM MDT

Once in college, while I was working my way though, I went to work stoned on grass.  I was the worst day at work I've ever had when there wasn't a crisis.  I never did that again.
      June 15, 2019 6:43 PM MDT