Active Now

Spunky
Malizz
Stu Spelling Bee
Discussion » Questions » Celebrities » Have you ever taken a hiatus from TV for years and turn the news on to see the young newscasters all gray now?

Have you ever taken a hiatus from TV for years and turn the news on to see the young newscasters all gray now?

Posted - June 17, 2019

Responses

For twenty years I didn't own a TV. Never missed it. Got my news from papers or radio.
    When I came back to it, some news anchors had grown middle-aged, others had retired, three had died.
      June 17, 2019 11:55 PM MDT

Huge Giggles!
    No. When the TV has been on at my parents house, they watch the news, and I glance up, the same broadcasters are on.
    They just have great sun-streaks or have added an burgandy tint to their hairs.
    Heaven forbid they show their grey!

If I had such a successful and commercial appearance, I would have started dying my hair grey at 20!
    That way I could grow into it and my career. 
      June 18, 2019 11:29 AM MDT

We have a local news anchor named Liz Bishop. She started in 1971 as a weekend sports reporter. She had just graduated from college and she wore her hair in pony tails.

For a number of years I didn't have much time for watching news. But more than 50 years later, she's a news anchor at the same station where she started. Her hair was usually blond over the years but has faded to gray.
      April 12, 2023 8:20 PM MDT

Her hair color hasn't changed but her name did. I had to wait until her program came on today to check her hair color, since I don't regularly watch her.

Chris Kapostasy worked at our local TV station as a news anchor for 17 years. In 1998, she moved to NBC as Chris Jansing. She currently has a program on MSNBC called "Chris Jansing Reports".
    This post was edited by NYAD at April 13, 2023 1:10 PM MDT
      April 13, 2023 1:07 PM MDT

Nope.
      ~

April 12, 2023 8:36 PM MDT

I haven't watched TV for a year, don't know how to work it.  My son showed me but I forgot his instructions.  This post was edited by Honey Dew at April 13, 2023 2:08 PM MDT
      April 13, 2023 3:40 AM MDT