Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Is shooting down a US DRONE an act of war? What do drones cost? Billions?

Is shooting down a US DRONE an act of war? What do drones cost? Billions?

Posted - June 20, 2019

Responses

It most certainly is if the drone, as reported, was in International Airspace.  The question now is what will be the response.  This is the 3rd attempt in  since last week, however this one was successful.

Iran is testing US resolve, the US is showing patience and trying to build a coalition for future action.  The war off surrogates just may become hot if direct action is taken.  This is why yesterday Iran sent envoys off to both China and Russia, Iran will need resources from both to survive the 1st wave assault whatever that will be.  Iran will also need to secure its' Eastern Border with Pakistan - Sunni vs Shite again.

The US I hope uses a Catspaw and cripples both Iran and Russia in Syria before a war of principles starts.  This is what this is actually about a direct overland route from Iran to Damascus desired by both Iran and Russia.  Jordon, Saudi, Israel and a few others do not want to see this happen.  If Turkey and Erdogan are strategically smart they will not want this flanking move to succeed either

Rosie, great question however the answers are muddy at best.  Have a great Thursday
      June 20, 2019 6:13 AM MDT

Thank you once again for your very thoughtful and informative reply Archerchef as well as the atta girl. What is "Catspaw"? Here's the thing. The prez pulled out of the Nuclear Deal. He has turned his back on former allies and seemingly bonded with despots/dictators undermining his own Intelligence Agencies. That's what I see. A complete disaster masquerading as a man is making the decisions and has no solutions for the horror  HE SET IN MOTION that result in his playing at being King when he is nothing more than emptyheaded plaything. That's how I see it. Could you tell me where I am wrong because you have a lot of knowledge to back you up, common sense and are able to articulate very clearly. I need to know if what I see is what you see. Happy Friday! :)
      June 21, 2019 6:46 AM MDT

Rosie here is a cut and past for Cats Paw.  aka using proxies instead of committing yourself.  Think of the SDF in Syria as aprimie example.

As fr a Da Prez he is taking some necessary actions, China and the Mideast.  He however is ham handedly executing the deeds.  The Iran deal was a feel good treaty with no teeth. Basically a hope and a prayer by a bankrupt west.  The EU economically is on its knees due to 2008, the Mercantile policies of China, and the Globalist who are only loyal to money.

They had a hope Trade would sway the Mullahs, the Mullahs were using the rope given to hang the West.  Very similar to Dun Xio Ping and his opening up of China.  The Mullahs have been effectively coached by both Russia and China in this regard.  Neith Russia or the PRC would have any qualms about seeing millions of Muslims dead - they are both eliminating Muslims in the own countries as well as Satellites  areas.  This is why the "Stans" have been so quiet after seeing what happened in Georgia by Russia and in the Western Provinces of China to the Urighars.

I know as clear as mud.  Start by reading the Koran in Arabic and the Great Game in a number of journals.  When your head is swimming and you have a headache welcome to the world of a Westerner trying to understand from a Whitebread Suburb perspective. 

Rosie have a good weekend, I am enjoying cool weather and the kids behaving

cat's-paw
    /ˈkatsˌpô/
    noun
    unpunctuated: cats paw; noun: cat's paw; plural noun: cat's paws

1. a person who is used by another to carry out an unpleasant or dangerous task.
      "he was merely a cat's paw of older and cleverer men"
      June 22, 2019 12:32 PM MDT

I have strong doubts about the US claim it was in international territory.
    We (and the Brits) have a history of shooting things while in Iranian territorial water.
    Remember that passenger airliner we shot down in 1988?  The USS Vincennes was in Iranian territorial waters, at the time.

June 20, 2019 8:13 AM MDT

I know m'dear. On another thread regarding this subject I said BOTH SIDES LIE. So how will we ever know for sure? An Answermug friend opined that it might have been a ploy on our part to ferret out information. Who knows?  Thank you for your reply Walt!
      June 21, 2019 6:49 AM MDT

I personally don't think Trump wants a war with Iran, but I fear that Bolton and Pompeo, the two war hawks, are going to do their best to get him to strike in one fashion or another.  The last thing this country needs or wants is another Iraq or, worse, Afghanistan.
      June 20, 2019 8:21 AM MDT

I just wonder if one day a war will turn into World War 3 and involve the entire world? He plans strikes and then changes his mind while the planes are already in the air and stops it. What is that supposed to do our confidence? He doesn't know what he is doing or why so he keeps doing and changing and redoing and and and and to what end? He is a piece of work that belongs in a mental institution. Thank you for your reply L! :)
      June 21, 2019 6:51 AM MDT

Rosie we have been in WW3 since 9/11 and the rise of China.  The body count is high, albeit not obvious
      June 22, 2019 12:35 PM MDT